The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
The Institute is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
- Perform a broad variety of administrative tasks for AfricaYam II project in all aspects including managing meetings, commitments, appointments/schedules, travels, and other routine and non-routine activities of the project and following up appropriately;
- Manage logistics of meetings, trainings, workshops etc.
- Handle incoming calls and correspondences, raising draft statements and responses on behalf of the Project Leader;
- Prepare meeting notes for all project and related meetings
- Work closely and effectively with the Project Leader and be proactive in bringing up matters that should receive his attention;
- Support the Project Leader in preparation for meetings and assist with the design and development of relevant presentations by Project Leader;
- Develop and update relevant databases for the effective running of the project and facilitate easy retrieval of information;
- Process claim reimbursements, purchase requisitions and manage procurement of materials and equipment required for the effective running of the office;
- Ensure efficient travel logistics for project staff and provide support for routine office activities;
- Perform all other related duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
- B.Sc / HND in Business Administration, Office Management, Finance, Accounting, Secretarial Studies or related discipline with minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing related roles in an international organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel Word and PowerPoint) with a good working knowledge of computer-based control systems, shared network drives, and excel packages
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team-oriented multicultural environment.
- Have ability to multitask, work with minimum supervision and effectively within strict deadlines.
- Have ability to deliver accurate and timely reports.
- Have good manners in showing flexibility, respect, friendliness and cooperation.
- Have good excellent communication skills.
- Have working experience with scientists in an international organization be an added advantage.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
21st July, 2020.Method of Application
Interested applicant should forward their Applications include Covering Letter which should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, Curriculum Vitae, names and addresses of three professional referees (which must include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work).
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (PDF)