Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Everyday, approximately 286,200 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to making an impact that matters. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
In Nigeria, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services firms, specializing in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, consumer, telecommunications, media & technology, energy resources & Industrial and government and public services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Education State Supervisor
Locations: Borno, Yobe
Job Type: Contract
The role reports to: The Education Specialist.
- The role is for Deloitte Independent Facilitators, who will take on responsibilities as a State Supervisor for the UNICEF Education programme in Nigeria. Currently there is a unique opportunity to reach conflict-affected children in IDP camps and host communities with education services.
- The increase in accessibility of LGAs constitutes an opportunity for early recovery interventions and system building support to the government.
- To intervene, UNICEF Basic Education Section is implementing interventions across several Local Government Area (LGAs) in Borno and Yobe States.
- Support planning, implementation of EIE activities at State and LGA levels in collaboration with the following implementing partner: Local Government Education Authorities (LGEAs); Borno and Yobe state Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB); Borno and Yobe State Ministry of Education (some); Borno and Yobe State Ministry of Religious Affairs (MoRA) and the Borno and Yobe State Agency for Mass Education (SAME).
- Present/explain to state and LGA level stakeholders, beneficiary groups (teachers, students and community) and local government partners the education programme deliverables, their roles and expected results of the programme and the change the programme aims to support using materials developed by UNICEF.
- Holds focus group discussions with stakeholders at community levels on key aspects of the programme.
- Provide periodic updates on schools’ condition using weekly monitoring tracking template.
- Monitor quality implementation of education activities according to national standards, working in close collaboration with other sectors particularly, WASH and Child Protection sectors.
- Support and monitor distribution of education supplies in close coordination with SUBEB offices and LGEAs.
- Conduct classroom observation of teachers’ application of teaching techniques/skills learned from training.
Evidence based planning and Reporting:
- Maintain database on key education targets using tools provided by the UNICEF Education section.
- Regularly communicate the UNICEF Field office education staff responsible for the EiE activities and discuss issues of concern on the implementation of the projects.
- Provide fortnightly, monthly, quarterly and annual progress report on the status of the project activities.
- Support documentation of best practices and lessons learned from implementation.
- Develop at least one human interest story per month.
- Provide high resolution photos of implemented activities.
- University Degree or diploma in Education and/or other related Social Sciences field. (Advanced degree in the same field is an added advantage) or relevant experience.
- Fluency in English and knowledge of local working language of chosen duty station is an asset. Preferably Hausa/Kanuri
- Minimum of three years progressively responsible professional work experience in implementing, supporting managing projects with government counterparts, in an aid organization or community-based organisation and in education programming.
- Effective Communication skills and a people person.
- Strong analytical and report writing skills.
- Thorough knowledge of the geographical area of responsibility.
- Good verbal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Able to work effectively in a multicultural and conflict affected environments.
- Good understanding of Education in Emergencies, girls’ education, community involvement and participation.
- Intermediate computer skills, experience with Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on superior Excel and Power point skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online