Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL) is an indigenous company established to provide a unique range of services to the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry.
We venture into this industry with the objective of building on existing limited in- country capacity. In view of the enormous opportunities which abound in the Oil and Gas industry in Nigeria and the new findings in other African countries, there is need for more indigenous players to fill the yawning gap by providing competitiveness and quality service delivery to the industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Admin Assistant / Document Controller
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Reports to: Workshop Supervisor
Employment Type: Full Time
Duties and Responsibilities
Administrative Assistant Duties:
- Ensure efficient running of the office.
- Organize the company filing system
- Copy, scan and store documents
- Timely Payment of PHCN Bills
- Timely office internet subscription
- Ensure availability of diesel and fuel in the generator(s)
- Keeping of visitors’ register
- Ensure office environment: premises, restrooms, reception etc. are properly cleaned and grasses cut.
- Ensure timely provision of consumables to all staff
- Ensure timely availability and management of the Petty Cash / Imprest
- Timely arrangement/booking of flights for staff, when necessary.
- Booking of hotels/accommodation, when necessary.
- Identification and procurement of basic office needs
- Renewal of DSTV subscription, where necessary.
- Ensure that stationery levels are maintained
- Report daily to the Workshop Supervisor on security situations within the office premises
- Submission of weekly report on general office administration to the Management.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Management
Document Controller Duties:
- Manage the flow of documentation within the organization
- Ensure that hard copy and electronic record files, as required, are maintained in good order to comply with QA requirements
- Retrieve files as requested by employees and clients
- Produce reports on documentation and progress as requested
- Contribute to compilation of final project dossiers, as-built portfolios and archiving
- Liaising and providing administrative assistance to all project team members, as required
- Arrange meetings and record minutes when required
- Maintain accurate filing system for project letters, reports
- Preparing spreadsheet(s) and maintaining databases and logs, as required by Projects
- Maintaining consistency in project documentation for format and document coding or numbering system
- Ensure master drawing files are kept up to date with the latest revision
- Administrating and maintaining SharePoint, Project Workspaces, Project Drives and hard copy file systems as required.
- Submission of monthly activity report
- Internal Staff Managing Director, General Manager, Finance/Accounts Manager, Workshop Supervisor, Project Engineers.
- External: Clients, Company Vendors, Regulatory bodies.
Education and / or Work Experience / Skills Requirements
- HND / Bachelor’s degree in Administration or any relevant field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in an administrative / document control role
- Experience in the production of detailed documents/reports.
- Good understanding of office administration processes and practices
- Intermediate or Advanced computer and word processing skills using MS Office applications including SharePoint.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to coordinate several high-priority deadlines simultaneously
- Exhibit an extremely high level of professionalism and superior attention to details
- Excellent IT and presentation skills.
- Ability to interface and interact with Management and Client Representatives at all levels
- Ability to demonstrate sense of initiative and ownership
- Aptitude to exercise foresight as well as good business judgment to anticipate and solve problems with minimal oversight
- Energetic, self-motivated and quick to learn with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
Key Performance Indicators:
- Keen attention to details
- Level of efficiency in delivering office administration
- Quality of flow of documentation within the company.
- Quality and accuracy of filing and retrieval system in both hard copy and electronic copy.
- Average time to respond to end-user enquiries.
- Response time in retrieving and issuing documents to end users.
Application Closing Date
9th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Qualified and Interested candidates should send their CV and Covering Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Female candidates are strongly advised to apply.