Green Habitat Initiative (GHI) is a non-profit non-governmental organization promoting the achievement of SDG 6 (clean water) and SDG 11 (sustainable cities and communities) in Nigeria. Incorporated in 2016 in Nigeria, GHI has worked in various sectors such as environmental sustainability, urban planning, sustainable urban development, urban agriculture, social urban innovations, architecture, WASH, solid waste management, recycling activities, environmental activism, etc.
GHI has worked with various local and international partners such as VINNOVA Group Sweden, French Institute Nigeria, Energies 2050, Embassies of Germany, France and Czech, The Water Mechanics, Baze University, One Environment, Stop Don’t Drop, etc. to deliver its projects.
We are recruiting qualified Nigerian candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief of Party
Locations: Abuja (Head office), Kebbi, Sokoto and Niger
Duration: 2 years
Reports to: Project Manager
Travel: 75% (to Kebbi, Sokoto and Niger States)
About the Project
- GHI is working towards implementing The Project for Improved Sustainability of Integrated WASH Services (I-WASH) project in 4 states; Kebbi, Niger, Sokoto and the FCT in collaboration with USAID.
- The project components involves integrating WASH-WRM and watershed studies for the associated catchments in the region. The activities will include provision of integrated WASH facilities, watershed studies of the river basins associated with the 4 states, remote monitoring of the WASH facilities and community advocacy. Expected start date is January 2021 and for a period of 2 years.
- The COP oversees the delivery of the entire program.
- The COP is expected to have the strategic vision, leadership qualities, depth and breadth of technical expertise and experience, a solid professional reputation, management experience, interpersonal skills and written and oral presentation skills to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the program description.
- The COP must have at least (7) years of demonstrated experience on similar donor-funded projects.
- She/he will have a minimum seven (5) years of experience with successful water and sanitation projects.
- She/he will have exceptional communication and collaboration skills and a proven track record of interacting with other projects, high-level host country governments, and international agencies.
- The candidate must have a proven track record of working effectively with diverse groups of civil society organizations, media, and government counterparts.
- She/he will have advanced degree or post-graduate degrees in water resource management or engineering, public administration/management or other relevant fields.
- She/he will have demonstrated experience in institutional strengthening, capacity building, and market-based approaches to service delivery.
- She/he must be fluent in English.
Application Closing Date
27th September, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send in their application documents to: email@example.com using “Chief of Party” as the subject of the email.
- CV (maximum 3 pages). Must include 2 references from current and previous employers. CVs must be result oriented and not task oriented.
- A one page cover letter explaining your interest in participating in the project and why you are the best person for the role.
- We will recruit once we find the right candidate, so we strongly advise you to submit your applications as soon as possible.
- Female applicants are strongly encouraged