The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Webcruiter ID: 4290865978
Location: Yola – Adamawa (Nigerian nationals only)
Employment type: Contract
Percentage of full-time: Full Time
Reports to: The Finance Officer reports to the Finance Team Leader.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily supervision of finance Assistant.
- Supervise bank and cash boxes reconciliations on a daily and monthly basis
- Establish a good tracking system for advances and ensure that clearance of advances is done on time.
- Ensure that weekly, monthly finance reports are prepared on time.
- Daily verification of POs, PRs Bid Analysis, per diem claim and other documents within the Finance Officer threshold
- Verify that all transactions have complete supporting documents and ensure that all costs are timely booked into Agresso on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Support to ensure monthly closure is completed according to the timeline provided in the finance handbook
- Responsible for preparing budget and monitoring of Area South.
- Support to verify the monthly National Staff Payroll and posting
- Follow up to ensure prompt processing of daily vendor payments and Ensure that all supporting documents are complete and accurate before payment is done.
- Ensure that all supporting documents are complete and accurate before payment.
- On a monthly basis, ensure all deductions are timely remitted to statutory authority according to the provision of the law.
- Collaborate with the financial institutions to ensure that queries related to payments are timely resolved (return payments, under/overpayments of staff, suppliers and contractors incorrect account details etc)
- Responsible for the archive of financial documents of Area South ensure that all the documents are scan and archive according to NRC filling guidance.
- Support the Finance Team Lead to facilitate monthly BVA meetings, Project summary, spending plans, preparing of the financial report, and budgeting.
- Facilitate daily cash counts and safeguard of cash in the office.
- Facilitate audit activities
- Perform other related tasks that will be assigned by the line manager
- Minimum of University Degree or its equivalent in Accounting or other related fields
- Good skills in Excel and Word
- Good knowledge of accounting packages; preferably Agresso
- Good knowledge to initiate finance SOPs
- Good knowledge of the North – Eastern Nigeria context Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar position preferably with an International NGO
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
We Can Offer
- Commencement: ASAP/October 2020
- Duration: 2-month renewal subject to funding and satisfactory performance
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, Grade level 5, Step 1.
- Duty station: Yola, with frequent travels. Travel outside Yola is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
Application Closing Date
3rd October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Procedures and CV Registration
- Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.
- Nigeria Nationals Only