The National Social Housing Programme (NSHP) is a component of the President Muhammadu Buhari administration’s Economic Sustainability Plan (NESP) plan to deliver affordable housing and also create millions of jobs for Nigerians. The housing scheme will allow Nigerians to become an instant landlord with as low as ₦2,000,000 only.
The National Social Housing Programme (NSHP) is set to achieve the following objectives:
• Construct 300,000 homes across Nigeria for low-income earners.
• Create up to 1.8 million jobs in the Construction Value Chain for Nigerians.
• Increase domestic production of construction materials through economies of scale.
• Increase access to home ownership for low-income earners through reduced housing cost & alternative financing options.
The available home options that will be offered by NHSP throughout the 36 states of the Federation, including FCT are;
• 2-Rooms (1 Bedroom House) for ₦2,000,000
• 3-Rooms (2 Bedroom House) for ₦2,750,000
• 4-Rooms (3 Bedroom House) for ₦3,500,000
READ: 5 Things to Note About CBN N200 Billion Social Housing Loan and How to Benefit
Eligibility to own a home with NSHP, include the following criteria:
• Be a Nigerian citizen.
• Be over 18 years of age.
• Have a valid national identity card.
• You must then complete your profile by submitting your personal details, housing preferences (the type of house you are applying for), etc.
• Show a reliable income
The online assessment is now open for individuals, cooperatives, and partnership who wish to own a home with National Social Housing Programme (NSHP), check the links below;