DEADLINE: 24TH JULY, 2023
FOUNDATION FOR RESILIENT EMPOWERMENT AND DEVELOPMENT (FRED)
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) TO DEVELOP FILM/TV SERIES
Foundation for Resilient Empowerment and Development (FRED) is requesting for Expression of Interest for the Engagement of a Film Producing Firm. Interested firms should possess relevant qualifications.
Foundation for Resilient Empowerment and Development (FRED), a Non-Governmental Organization; is a global health and development organization focused on improving the growth and development of populations through strengthening governance and democratic processes, conduct of empirical research to generate evidence and implementation of sustainable programs.
Applications are invited for:
TITLE: CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) TO DEVELOP FILM / TV SERIES ON ERADICATION OF ALL FORMS OF VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN AND GIRLS IN NIGERIA.
Reference Number: EOIFRED2023/1112
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Grant Number: 00114694
Vacancy Type: Remote
Employment Type: Contract
Project: Spotlight Initiative
Duration: Three (3) months
Category: Consulting services
Assignment Title: Engagement of a Film Producing Firm
- The EU-UN Spotlight Initiative/UNDP through its partner Foundation for Resilient Empowerment and Development (FRED) is implementing the Spotlight Initiative project which aims to mobilize communities to eliminate all forms of violence against women and girls (VAWG) in Nigeria, to achieve gender equality and women’s empowerment, in line with the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
- The consulting services (“the Services”) includes producing a Film /TV Series on Eradication and Negative Consequences of Sexual and Gender-Based Violence (SGBV) in Nigeria.
- The EU-UN Spotlight Initiative/UNDP through its partner Foundation for Resilient Empowerment and Development (FRED) now invites eligible Film Producing Firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services (company profile/brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.).
- Applications to be submitted by the firms will be evaluated against the following criteria:
- Consultant’s general qualification
- Relevant experience and qualification of key staff
- Relevant competence and experience of the firm
- Experience in the region and sector
- The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment are attached to this request for expressions of interest.
- In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest, fraud and corruption related to this assignment:
- Relationship with FRED: consultants that have a close business or family relationship with a professional staff of FRED who are directly or indirectly involved in any part of:
(i) the preparation of the TOR for the assignment,
(ii) the selection process for the contract, or
(iii) the supervision of such contract may not be awarded a contract, unless the conflict stemming from this relationship has been resolved in a manner acceptable to FRED throughout the selection process and the execution of the contract.
You shall not engage in offering, giving, soliciting, or receiving gratuities, favors, gifts or anything else of value to influence the action of any person involvement in a procurement process or contract execution.
You shall not engage in misrepresenting or omitting facts to influence the procurement process or the execution of a contract.
You shall not engage in schemes or arrangement between two or more bidders, with or without the knowledge of FRED, designed to establish bid prices at artificial, non-competitive levels.
- Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub-consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected
- The Consultant for this assignment will be selected in accordance with the consultant’s qualifications-based selection method.
- Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours (8am – 4pm) or via the email address below.
- The EU-UN Spotlight Initiative in collaboration with Foundation for Resilient Empowerment and Development (FRED) with funding United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is focused on reducing sociocultural drivers of sexual and gender-based violence in Nigeria.
- Since 2019, the EU-UN Spotlight Initiative has engaged key stakeholders, ministries, departments, and agencies in the elimination of SGBV in Nigeria.
- With a strategic approach of addressing policies, programmes and monitoring and evaluation, the EU-UN Spotlight Initiative is the largest single funding for elimination of violence against women in Nigeria.
- To further increase awareness of the negative consequences of SGBV in Nigeria and globally, the EU-UN Spotlight Initiative supported the implementation of the NHRC Toll Free Client Response Mechanism with a short code of 6472.
- They also supported the establishment of the National GBV Situation Room under the Federal Ministry of Women Affairs and have supported sustainable livelihood programmes for over 350 women.
- Given its successes across different strata, it is imperative to strategically create awareness and promote elimination of SGBV among the Nigerian populace especially victims of SGBV.
- As part of the support under the activity to promote access to reporting of sexual and gender-based violence in Nigeria the EU-UN Spotlight Initiative/UNDP through its partner the Foundation for Resilient Empowerment and Development is looking for a Film Production Firm to support the development of a movie and short series focused on the negative consequences of SGBV.
· The Film Production Firm will be supervised by the Program Director with support from the Senior Technical Advisor, SGBV.
· The firm/organization will also be responsible for supporting the EU-UN Spotlight Initiative and the UNDP in maximizing its investment in the toll-free line for SGBV.
Goals and Objectives
- To create awareness and promote the short code among the Nigerian populace especially victims of SGBV.
- To promote awareness on the negative consequences of sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV) in Nigeria
- To increase the reporting of SGBV among victims in Nigeria.
- Development of script for Gender Based Violence (GBV) film.
- Development of script for Gender Based Violence (GBV) tv series.
- Airing of movie on television network (Channels, Arise TV), Cable network (DSTV) and online streaming platform (NETFLIX, Prime Video, Showmax, etc).
- Airing of series on television network (Channels, Arise TV), and Cable network (DSTV).
- A synthesis coverage report on viewership
Duties and Responsibilities
The Firm Production Firm will be responsible for the following duties:
- Engagement of SGBV survivors on development of radio, TV, and social media adverts.
- Development of script for film production.
- Development of script for production of tv series.
- Promotion of adverts on the film and tv series on social media.
- Coordination of script writing for the movies and tv series.
- Posting and boosting of adverts for the film and tv series on social media platforms.
- Inclusion of the short code and GBV situation room in the movie and tv series.
- Lead the design of culturally appropriate messages in the film and tv series for diverse audience in Nigeria.
- Ensure logical sequence in the design of film and tv series across different media.
- Identify relevant media houses with widest coverage to air approved film and tv series.
- Practical expertise in filmmaking and production, content messaging, and international promotion/marketing of films.
- Expertise in progress and narrative report writing and knowledge management.
- Strong experience in script writing, storytelling, film production, and marketing.
- Well-developed skills in planning, prioritizing, project management, script writing, content production, directing and editing.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in designing, managing, and producing large scale movies and tv series across multiple languages for international and national non-governmental organizations.
- Desired: Affiliation with international television content providers (DSTV, Netflix, Prime Videos)
- Experience in development of culturally diverse script for movies (submission of past work will be required).
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data through social media is required.
- Professional experience in Digital Marketing.
- Desired: Experience working with A-List actors and actresses in the Nollywood space.
- Good people management attributes.
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction.
- Models independent thinking, action with ability to get things done.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade, and transform.
- Synthesizes information to communicate independent analysis.
- Fluency in English as well as understanding the cultural practices & language across Nigeria is required.
Application Closing Date: 24 July, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Expressions of Interest to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Delivered in a sealed envelope to the address below:
Foundation for Resilient Empowerment and Development,
Attn: Obidiegwu Blessing Ogochukwu, Procurement Officer,
No 4, Ikole Street,
Area 11, Garki-Abuja,