GUIDELINES ON HOW TO OBTAIN SPECIAL CONTROL UNIT AGAINST MONEY LAUNDERING – SCUML CERTIFICATE
SCUML is a unit of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), they are saddle with the responsibility of monitoring, supervising and regulating the activities of Designated Non Financial Institutions (DNFIs) in line with the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act.
Often times, business that intends to open a corporate bank account are requested to provide the SCUML certificate before the account can be opened. Below is the registration guidelines on how to obtain the certificate, the registration is free.
ONLINE REGISTRATION GUIDELINE
Visit SCUML website, www.scuml.org click on the tab “Register online”. Fill the registration Form and attach the required documents listed below:
LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANIES:
Certificate of Incorporation
Memorandum and Article of Association (MEMART)
Form CAC2 and CAC7
Evidence of tax Registration
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Form BN-O1 (Proprietor’s Particulars)
- Tax Evidence of tax Registration
Note: professional companies are to also provide professional certificates e.g. Law firms, Accounting firms, Audit firms, etc.
NON-GOVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATION (NGOS)/NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS (NPOS):
- Certificate of Incorporation/Registration
- Incorporation of Trustees OR CAC7
- Constitution OR Memorandum & Article of Association
- Certificate of Registration from State
- Copies of valid Identification of at least 3 executive members
- Evidence of Registration with National Planning Commission (NPC)
- Organisational Profile.
SCAN AND UPLOAD ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS USING PORTABLE DOCUMENT FOLDER (PDF), ATTACHMENT MUST NOT EXCEED 2MB OR 2000KB.
NOTE: UPON SUCCESSFUL APPROVAL OF APPLICATION(S),DNFIS WILL UNDERGO A SENSITIZATION SESSION AND ORIGINAL CAC CERTIFICATE MUST BE SIGHTED BEFORE COLLECTION OF SCUML CERTIFICATE.