Registering to obtain the National Identification Number (NIN) with the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) could be easier if pre-enroll on the NIMC portal online, on how to obtain your NIN, follow the steps highlighted to get started;
• Visit NIMC Pre Enrolment portal at https://penrol.nimc.gov.ng/loginForm.tpl.html.php
• Enter the correct information about yourself in all the mandatory fields on the form.
• Download and print out a summary sheet with a 2D Barcode and head to any NIMC Enrolment Centre.
Submit Your Application
• Visit the nearest NIMC Registration Centre, ensure with an original valid means of identification and other supporting documents (e.g., Birth Certificate or court affidavit)
• Applicant has his/her headshot photograph, fingerprints and signature captured.
Collect your NIN
• Applicant’s enrolment is acknowledged; two slips are generated and given to the applicant: (a) Transaction Slip (b) NIN Slip indicating completion of enrolment.