Havana Specialist Hospital is a foremost Nigerian private hospital where multidisciplinary medicine is practiced at the highest level. Since her inception in the year 1983 Havana Specialist Hospital has continued to be a pace setter in medical service delivery in Lagos and Nigeria at large. To this effect, Havana has since grown to become one of the best hospitals in Nigeria and has been acknowledged by several awards and prestigious recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Anesthetic Nurse
Overall Purpose of the Job
- The Anesthetic Nurse is responsible for ensuring the safe administration of anesthesia as well as providing pain management, stabilization services, and overseeing patients’ recovery.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Evaluating and preparing patients, providing education about surgery and recovery, and discussing the side effects of anesthesia with them as well as examining patients’ histories for allergies or illnesses that would affect anesthesia.
- Determine the amount and type of anesthesia needed for a patient and the best way to administer it.
- Evaluate patients’ post-surgical or post-anesthesia responses, taking appropriate corrective actions or requesting consultation if complications occur.
- Monitor patients’ responses, including skin color, pupil dilation, pulse, heart rate, blood pressure, and respiration, ventilation, or urine output, using invasive and noninvasive techniques.
- Respond to emergency situations by providing airway management, administering emergency fluids or drugs, or using basic or advanced cardiac life support techniques.
- Insert arterial catheters or perform arterial punctures to obtain arterial blood samples.
- Checking of anesthetic equipment, machines, suction apparatus and other relevant equipment.
- Setting up of invasive lines for monitoring of patients undergoing major surgery.
- Checking and recording of drugs issued, drugs used and drugs returned.
- Cleaning of equipment and supply.
- Prepare of the theatre for the next patient.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing Science or Healthcare Administration
- RN and RM, Nursing practice license with 1-3 years’ experience as a Staff Nurse
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)
- Ability to utilize various Microsoft Office applications/software and EMR usage
- Primary Focus on Customer Service
- Extensive experience in ICU in a hospital setting
Skills and Competencies:
- Proficiency in checking all vital parameters of patients such as, body temperature, respiratory rate, surgery portion of the body, pulse rate, blood pressure of the body and likewise.
- Well trained in post-anaesthesia care and post-surgical care provided to the patients.
- Proficiency in pain medication techniques.
- Demonstrate commitment to quality patient care through effective team working
- Demonstrate ethical values, expertise and professionalism in day-to-day work
- Excellent decision-making skills with focus on outcomes
- Professional and considerate attitude towards patients and staff
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Application Closing Date
7th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.