American University of Nigeria – The institution was conceived as Africa’s first Development University. Its mission is to pioneer service learning and build leaders who will be prepared to tackle societal concerns. Located in Yola, Adamawa State of Nigeria, the University is a world-class career-oriented institution missioned to be an agent of change in the development of the region. AUN has a strong commitment to providing the skills and the leadership essential to solving the continent’s critical social and economic problems.
The University offers an American-style education modeled after the curriculum of American universities with corresponding approaches to teaching and student assessment. The first entering class of 124 students and 20 professors was enrolled in September 2005. AUN is fast becoming a model for other universities in Nigeria and West Africa. At AUN Enrollees are provided with the tools to achieve personal growth and material success.
AUN is a completely wireless University, which is highly focused on IT. Computers, the internet, and other critical IT facilities are key tools in teaching. These facilities are deployed in classes and completion of course assignments. With great emphasis on small classes, AUN’s main goal is to graduate well-educated and qualified students in both general knowledge and specialized disciplines.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Assistant Professor
Location: Yola, Adamawa
We invite applications and nominations for the position of Assistant Professor in the following categories:
- Information Systems;
- Software Engineering,
- Computer Science
- Petroleum Chemistry
- Communication and Multi-Media Design
- Doctoral level or other terminal professional degree required from an accredited institution.
- Experience with American Curricular is absolutely necessary
- At least 4 years of University teaching experience is required
Application Closing Date
19th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications electronically to: [email protected] with their detailed CV, providing information on the following:
- Full Name
- Current Contact Address [including telephone numbers and e-mail address]
- Academic Qualifications [including Class of Degree; copies of certificates to be enclosed]
- Professional Qualifications [copies of Certificates to be enclosed]
- Post-Graduation / Professional qualification employment
- Current Employment
- Name and Addresses of three  Referees, who should be able to attest to the candidate’s standing and abilities, professionally, managerially, as well as morals, character, and integrity
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to make themselves available for an electronic or an in-person interview with the appropriate search committee at a date that will be duly and formally conveyed to such candidates officially.
- The positions are to begin as soon as possible.