Bingham University Teaching Hospital is a 250 Bed Facility located in Jos, North Central Nigeria. It was established as ECWA Evangel Hospital in 1959 and was the vision of SIM (then Sudan Interior Mission) missionary named Dr. Lonnie Grant to provide Health care to the Missionaries in Nigeria and also meet Health care needs of the indigenous populace.
The Bingham University Teaching Hospital Governing Board at its 27th meeting approved and directed that a suitably qualified candidate be recruited to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Medical Director
Location: Jos, Plateau
Duties / Job Description
- The Chief Medical Director is charged with the responsibility for the execution of the policies, and matters affecting the day-to-day management of the affairs of the Hospital
- He is also the Chief Accounting Officer of the Hospital subject to the general control of the Governing Board.
- The candidate aspiring for the position of Chief Medical Director shall be a medical practitioner with not less than 15 years cognate Medical practice, five of which must be at a Consultant level.
- Must hold a Fellowship of the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or West African Postgraduate Medical College or its equivalent
- Must not be more than 60 years of age and must be a Christian who believes and upholds ECWA doctrines of faith
- He / she should have a current license to practice in Nigeria
- Excellent interpersonal skills that will foster collaborative partnership in delivering quality care
- Have considerable administrative experience in matters of health
- Must demonstrate capability to attract or source for grants. This should be supported by evidence of previous grant(s) if any
- Knowledge of computer application and ICT skills will be an added advantage.
Tenure of Office
- The appointment is for a term of four (4) years in the first instance and maybe renewed, subject to satisfactory performance and discretion of the Governing Board for another term of four (4) years.
Conditions of Service and Remuneration
- The Conditions of Service and remuneration is comparable to what obtains in other Nigerian Teaching Hospitals.
Application Closing Date
16th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty (20) copies of his / her written Application with detailed up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV / Resume) duly signed and dated providing the information as stated hereunder:
- Full Name
- Place and date of Birth
- Local Government of origin
- State of origin
- Marital status
- Number of children with age
- Schools attended with Academic / Professional Qualifications obtained with dates
- Area(s) of specialization
- Previous employment indicating post with dates
- Present employment indicating post with dates
- Administrative and Managerial positions held with dates
- Research and publications with dates
- Mission statements and vision for the hospital in the next four (4) years in not more than 1,000 words
- Names and Addresses of four (4) referees one of whom should be the candidate’s church pastor and the other, shall be obtained from Chief Executive of his / her present or last place of work and who should be in a position to attest the candidate’s academic, professional and managerial abilities as well as moral character and uprightness.
Candidates should submit their Applications by Registered Courier or in-person with the Envelop marked on the left-hand side as “Application for the Post of CMD” to the:
Director of Administration / Secretary of the Board,
Bingham University Teaching Hospital,
PMB 2238, Jos,
Email: [email protected]
Note: Only shortlisted candidates shall be invited for Interview.