Pro-Health International is a faith-based, non- profit organization that has provided free health care services to under-served populations in Nigeria and Africa for over 27 years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Civil Societies Strengthening Consultant
Locations: Adamawa and Bauchi
Duration: Maximum 42 days (July – September)
Slots: Consultant (2) 1 for Adamawa and 1 for Bauchi
Overview / Description
- Pro-Health International (PHI) is currently implementing the USAID funded Integrated Child and Social Service Award 4 (ICHSSA4) in Adamawa and Bauchi states and recently onboarded ten civil society organisations in in both states. For effective on-boarding of the CSOs to meet the high pace of program implementation,.
- PHI would require the technical support of the Civil Societies Strengthening Consultant to facilitate the timely on-boarding of the CSOs to achieving the project targets through the following:
- Review each CSO individual workplans and provide technical support to improve activity implementation to meeting set target
- Provide technical and programmatic support to the CSOs on designing, implementing and monitoring priority interventions as captured in the work plan to strengthen community health service delivery and community engagement, including but not limited to: improving community referral systems and data reviews.
- Provide technical support in the implementation of a variety of activities including training materials that employ e-learning, virtual learning, site-based training, assessments, or other solutions.
- Provide active technical guidance to Case Managers assigned to work with the individual CSOs and document to PHI the case load and achievement of each Case Manager.
- Participate in the monthly review of the activities of each CSO with PHI
- Aapprised PHI of all developments relating to each CSO, the consultant will work with the CSOs to communicate progress and challenges as they relate to achieving the project goals.
- Build and foster relationships with other CSOs, Case Managers and the PHI
- Identify and support ongoing activities to strengthen community referral, feedback and accountability mechanisms and structures
- Submit to PHI a comprehensive report of activity at the end of the period of consultancy.
- Advanced degree in Social Sciences, International Development, Community Health, Social Work, or related relevant field
- Demonstrated capacity and experience in the technical areas set forth in the program description, including, but not limited to, designing, implementing and managing community- and facility-based service delivery and community engagement and outreach activities
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated success in delivering community driven systems strengthening technical assistance and community-based organisations
- Previous work experience in either Bauchi and Adamawa state will be a strong advantage
- Strong communication, facilitation and teamwork skills
- Must be a legal resident of Nigeria.
- Number on Consultants Needed: 2
- Duration of Assignment: Maximum of 42 days from the last week of July and ending before September 30, 2020
- Report to: ICHSSA4 State project Leads located in Adamawa and Bauchi states as may be assigned
- Job will require 80% work with the CSOs and 20% time with PHI.
- Intra State travel support and sleep overs in hard to reach areas is allowed under this consultancy.
Application Closing Date
27th July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to email their Applications and CV / Resume and Cover Letter (as a single MS Word document) to: [email protected] with evidence of related work (i.e. Samples, reports of a related work).
- PHI will appreciate applications from experts who are resident within the study locations.
- PHI is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
- Disclaimer: The above job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with this assignment.