Extended Stay- Grand Hotel is the hotel that specializes on Comfort and Luxury. The hotel has been considered as one of the best to be, anytime you need relaxation. The hotel bar is stocked with a range of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks and guests can relax in the well-furnished lounge area. Guests can also enjoy local and continental dishes at the on-site restaurant. The fully-equipped gym is open to all guests.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cook
Location: Lekki phase 1, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Set up the kitchen with cooking utensils and equipment, like knives, pans and kitchen scales
- Study each recipe and gather all necessary ingredients
- Cook food in a timely manner
- Delegate tasks to kitchen staff
- Inform wait staff about daily specials
- Ensure appealing plate presentation
- Supervise Cooks and assist as needed
- Slightly modify recipes to meet customersâ€™ needs and requests (e.g. reduce salt, remove dairy)
- Monitor food stock and place orders
- Check freshness of food and discard out-of-date items
- Experiment with recipes and suggest new ingredients
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area
- Culinary School Diploma preferred
- Hands-on experience with various kitchen equipment (e.g. grillers and pasta makers)
- Advanced knowledge of culinary, baking and pastry techniques
- Leadership skills
- Ability to remain calm and undertake various tasks
- Excellent time management abilities
- Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes
- Familiarity with sanitation regulations.
Application Closing Date
21st October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] stating the Job Title as the subject of the email.