The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Emergency Response Officer
Webcruiter ID: 4265594817
Duration: 8 months
Percentage of full-time: 100
Reports to: The Emergence Response Officer reports to Emergency Response Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that procurement, development, and distribution of materials and equipment are timely and according to procedures
- Ensure that procurement, development and distribution of materials and equipment are timely and according to procedures
- Coordinate with relevant partners in Maiduguri
- Lead the distribution process and ensure beneficiaries receive entitlements.
- Actively lead and participate in emergency assessments.
- Ensure timely reports, such as assessment, distribution, PDM reports
- Supervise, train and develop Technical Assistants reporting to the Officer
- Prepare periodic progress reports and other documents as required
- Ensure and support M&E activities in your field location
- Support the RRM Emergency Coordinator in the documentation and lessons learned to capture program performance
- In coordination with the RRM Emergency Coordinator, represent NRC in coordination meetings with local authorities and NGOs in Maiduguri
- Monitor displacement trends and give flash updates
- Experience from working as a Project Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills – written and spoken – in English required.
- Fluency in one or more of the national/regional languages (Hausa and Kanuri preferred)
- Must be willing to work as a team member, take direction, and share technical skills with colleagues and counterparts
- Computer literacy in word processing and spreadsheets is required,
- Familiarity with GPS, GIS and Google Earth is strongly desirable Must be able to work under pressure
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environment
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Must have experience in conducting assessments and writing clear assessment reports
- Knowledge of the context in the North-East of Nigeria
We Can Offer
- Commencement: August 2020
- Duration: 8 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general direction of grade level 5 step 1
- Duty Station: Maiduguri, with frequent travels. Travel outside Maiduguri is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- An approved health certificate will be requested before the contract start.
Application Closing Date
23rd July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Nigeria Nationals only.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.