PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria – Our client is a non-profit organisation founded to inspire the transformation of Africa’s public sector. They work with government, academic institutions and other partners to improve governance and transform public sector performance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Director
Reference Number: 130-PEO01147
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job Type: Permanent
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop the company’s strategy in alignment with its defined and approved strategic priorities
- Provide effective support to the Board in defining the strategic direction and focus of the
- Lead the initiation and implementation of strategies and policies in accordance with board approved priorities
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that the organisation can successfully fulfil its short and long term objectives
- Responsible for the enhancement of organisation’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professionals, civic and private organisations.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organisations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance the organisation’s mission Serve as the organisation’s primary spokesperson to the organisation’s constituents, the media and the general public
- Collaborate with the Board in setting priorities and Board agendas, ensuring that the Board is kept informed of overall business operations, major issues and information is available in a timely and effective manner in order for informed decisions to be made
- Seek Board approval for expenditures or other actions or transactions falling outside of authorizations established by the Board from time to time
- Responsible for leading the organisation in a manner that supports and guides its mission as agreed by the Board of Directors
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organisation
Financial Performance and Viability:
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other revenue necessary to support the organisation’s mission
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the organisation, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organisation
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organisation in a positive financial position
- Direct financial and risk management activities and oversee corporate governance structure and guidelines to ensure compliance with all regulatory policies
- Ensure implementation of risk management practices and procedures in accordance with the risk management framework approved by the Board
- Develop effective people management strategies for optimal performance of each function within the organisation
- Set KPIs for all employees and evaluate their performance
- Recommend learning and development programmes required to build the capabilities of employees within the Company to ensure effective and efficient service delivery
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Oversee and ensure the effective administration of operations.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organisation
- Supervise and collaborate with organisation staff.
- Establish employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and the day-today operation of the organisation.
- Review and approve contracts for services.
- Generate sponsor opportunities by developing and managing key relationships and providing technical expertise
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Educational Qualification & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree and/or Master’s degree in a related field
- Relevant professional certification(s)
- 15 years relevant work experience, of which at least 8 years must be at senior management level
- Active fundraising experience with excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
Application Closing Date
20th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online