Sevan Construction Nigeria Limited was established in 1981 with Registration No. RC 37125 as a limited liability company specialized in all kinds of Structural Steel fabrication design & erection to the civil construction and Oil & Gas Industries, development and manufacturing of various semi-trailers, rigid truck bodies, which enabled the company to deliver complete projects of steel structures coupled with civil engineering.
The Company is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Factory Manager – Expatriate
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the entire production process of the company
- Develop and determine short, medium- and long-term production manpower needs.
- Ensure projects/task are discussed with the technical teams before project commencement.
- Responsible for completing each job on time, on budget and with a high level of quality
- Obtain and study all projects drawings for effective execution in line with project specifications.
- Reviews proposals / contracts for feasibility, cost and schedule issues
- Responsible for obtaining permits and evaluation of subcontractors
- Ensure the ultimate goal СТComplete customer satisfaction
Management Of Jobs:
- Responsible for a complete understanding of the job blueprints, specifications and bids
- Ensures each job site is visited daily to monitor job progress, quality, safety and site security
- Creates job schedules, orders materials and schedules sub-contractors
- Conducts a pre-construction meeting with supervisors, projects engineers at the start of each job
- Responsible for communicating daily Job Report to customers as directed by the CEO
- Maintains job log for each active job and ensure timely completion of each jobs within the job time frame.
- Conducts regular project review meetings with customers
- Responsible for change orders: scope, cost, documentation and customer approval
Financial / Cost Management:
- Identifies cost concerns in the management of material usage. estimating phase
- Tracks actual costs against estimates and coordinates with procurement and Account departments.
- Approves Waybills for payment in all production materials purchase.
- Ensures compliance with all company rules, policies and agreements
- Manage the entire production staff, project site staff, contractors and sub – contractors
- Supervises field staff and subcontractors
- Evaluates quantity and quality of jobs at each production stages.
- Conduct performance appraisal in partnership with human resources department.
- Document company procedures and train employees and subcontractors.
- Possess a relevant degree in Engineering, Business Administration and other related degrees
- A minimum of 20 years experience in a similar role in a steel fabrication industry.
- MBA and other additional qualifications would be an added advantage
- Professional qualifications in Project Management would be added advantage.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects to achieve results.
- Leadership and management capabilities
- Adequate knowledge of the construction industry, current trends and best practices
- Experience in managing operational activities.
- Significant problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Strong communication and delegation skills.
- Strong understanding and interpretation of technical drawings.
- Vast interpersonal relationship and Can-Do- Spirit.
- Excellent interpersonal and Team-building skills
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy;
- Very effective organizational skills;
- Computer skills including Microsoft word, excel, AutoCAD and word processing programs;
- Time management and good judgment skills.
- Strong relationship management skills with Subordinates, Seniors and Clients.
- Must be technically sound.
As a Factory Manager you are to maintain strict confidentiality and you must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Be honest and trustworthy;
- Be respectful;
- Be a team player;
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity;
- Be pro-active and flexible;
- Demonstrate sound work ethics;
- The above are your key job description, skills and personal attribute that are expected of you to be carrying out at all time.
- You should also note that from time to time, you might be called upon to carry out some other duties that are not stated above.
Application Closing Date
Open till filled.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.