Netcom has been Nigeria’s leading Internet Service Provider since 2004, staying ahead of the competition with cutting edge platforms in VSAT, WIMAX, Radio, and Fiber technology. Now, a pioneer in Business Transformation Solutions, we empower organizations to lead their market space by keeping pace with the rapid changes in IT innovations, ensuring relevance to specific business initiatives required to maximize revenue generation.
The Company is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Field Service Support
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
- Perform standard rigging works.
- Carry out preventive maintenance (PM) on POE, RF cables and tower top equipment and antennas.
- Carry out preventive maintenance on mounting hardware and tower Equipment facility and cabling installation workmanship for the following but not limited to: Radio links,
- Tower Grounding facility,
- Condition of the tower structure,
- Generates activity, maintenance, update reports and relevant information on a predetermined regular basis as assigned.
- Assists engineers that require RF related work, relocation and installation.
- Assist engineers on field installation related activities but not limited to: Completion of equipment handling procedure training from Field Service Supervisor,
- Hauling of batteries to POP locations and assist in physical arrangement,
- Hauling of installation materials on the site location,
- Assist riggers in pulling up antenna assembly,
- Ensure all materials to be used in the installation are complete and in good working condition prior to any assigned deployment,
- Carrying out basic civil, masonry and carpentry works for any type of installation,
- Assembly of antenna on the mount in preparation for the antenna alignment and optimization,
- Standard run of pipe and trunks for all outdoor and indoor installations,
- Ensure that HSE equipment are in good condition prior to any activity and are always worn on site,
- Ensure that all excess civil, masonry, carpentry and installation materials and tools are returned to the office for proper endorsement to Inventory,
- Ensure that work site is left clean and tidy (housekeeping) better than before work started,
- Any activities/works that may be assigned by management that can be handled based on the Rigger’s capabilities.
Expectations in line with company policies:
- Shall be presentable to internal and external clients in relation to company dress code and provisions.
- Shall at all times exhibit good customer relations in and out of work.
- Shall at all times sport the company ID being a company representative, mandatory, especially on official duty.
- Materials and equipment shall not be brought out of the company premise unless on official installation assignments.
- Shall be on the designated workplace at the start of duty hours, 0830h, or as agreed by the attached engineer or supervisor.
- Shall notify supervisor or engineer attached to before leaving workplace or work site for any reason.
- A diploma with two years rigging experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Experience in carrying out civil, masonry and carpentry works.
- Basic knowledge in tower climbing and work-related safety.
- Basic configuration of RF radios is a plus factor.
- Use of the GPS or App and interpreting its values.
- Use of HSE equipment and tools (safety harness, rigging helmets, etc.)
- Basic knowledge in the use of office tools (MS Word, Excel and other available tools) for reporting.
- Good communications skills.
- A team player.
- Ability to us Google Earthing determining survey results and verification.
- Must be dedicated, trust worthy, and have passion to learn.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online