Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Accountancy Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract Period: Indefinite.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Being responsible for quality and timely accounting for the whole mission e.g. cash procedures, bank accounts, receipts and supporting documents, electronic data entry, consolidation of overall mission accounting, monthly closing process and documents, ensuring strict respect of deadlines and strict compliance to MSF guidelines, financial standards and procedures.
- Coordinating and overseeing the monthly and yearly closing of accounts and balance sheet, and reporting the mission’s accounting statement through monthly and weekly reports, in order to verify the evolution of project finances and provide information about them
- Being responsible for the financial management of donor contracts e.g. preparing and verifying the financial reports to donors, following up and analysing the need for amendments. Ensuring reporting conditions are met and stakeholders in the mission are informed of their responsibilities (for example, logistics for stock inventory, quotes)
- Coordinating and overseeing the payment of tax liabilities in order to comply with legal obligations.
- Coordinating and supervising the conduct of local audits relating to accounting, tax, labour, stock and asset management
- Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and to improve people’s capabilities
- Is the technical reference for any accounting-related issue including compliance with MSF financial standards and procedures, legal compliance, training and support on the MSF accounting software / system
- When required, briefing all staff involved, on specific accountancy management (Mission Coordination Team, Administration Managers, Logistics Managers, etc).
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- Essential: Solid accountancy training and experience-professional accounting qualification (ICAN, ACCA etc).
- Desirable: University Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration. Relevant Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- Essential 5 years previous experience in similar relevant position is required.
- In addition, at least 2 years previous experience with MSF or other NGO will be highly beneficial.
Application Closing Date
Friday, 4th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the link below and answer the necessary questions, before submitting their resumes to the email address below:
Click here to Start Application
After you complete the online form, submit your application including cover letter, resume and copy of relevant degrees, certificates and NYSC certificate/exemption to: [email protected] Using the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
Submit Hard copy to:
No 14 Tennessee Crescent,
Off Panama Street,