Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Job type: Full Time
Starting date: As Soon As Possible
Direct Line Manager: Finance Officer
Tasks and Responsibilities
Objective 1 – Assist the Finance Officer in managing cash flow and accountancy on the base:
- Ensure that all advances made within the month are justified before the final monthly cash count.
- Visit the fields during various program activities to make payments
- Support the Yobe program’s cash transfer implementation
- Make payments and verify the consistency of supporting documents submitted in accordance with the ACF’s procedures, ensuring all invoices are accurate, consistent and signed
- Check the nature of all documents presented for retirements (photocopy, original, pro forma, translation, date, signature, stamp, terms used, the accuracy of calculations, etc.)
- Manage the sub- base’s and base cash box
- Ensure that the physical cash box and the Excel/Saga cash book correspond on a daily basis.
- Close the cash book on a monthly basis & send it to Finance Officer
Objective 2 – Assist the Finance Officer in checking compliance with purchasing procedures, respect of the supply chain guidelines and payment mode:
- Respect ACF purchasing procedures as per KLV3 when giving an advance and to report to Finance Officer and/or the Finance Manager if these procedures are not respected
- Ensure that Logistics and PMs respect the supply chain guidelines.
- Liaise with the log department for any discrepancy and missing procedure
- Ensure all suppliers are paid according to terms designated in signed contracts
- Assist to ensure all payments are made timely
Objective 3 – Assist the Base Finance Officer in Management of the Cash Transfer program:
- Reconciling of vendors payment with the red rose platform for payment.
- Filling and archiving all related documents.
- Check that all daily report summary sheets, the daily transaction sheets, and the amounts on the Platform correspond.
- Keep close coordination with the cash program manager and team.
- Ensure transparency throughout the process of unconditional/conditional cash transfer program.
- Ensure validity, reliability, timeliness, and quality of all information while submitting to the banks for final payments.
- Producing reports on a regular basis or as per the request of the line manager
- Sticking of red rose beneficiaries’ receipts and daily reports on white paper.
- Manage the base’s bank book-BD03NGN
- To ensure that the selection, replacement, and removal of vendors are in line with the ACF SOP on Cash base intervention.
- Ensure prompt payment of the Vendors based on the ACF SOP on Cash base intervention
- To ensure that Logistics and PM respect the CBI guidelines.
- Training of Vendors on ACF financial procedures and payment policies.
Objective 4 – Assist the base Finance Officer in managing the administrative document sorting, follow up and filing of documents:
- Check that all invoices and their amounts are present as from their reception and the coherence with the accountancy in excel file.
- After the monthly accounting closure check that the accounting codes, the project codes and the budget codes are accurate
- Photocopy and file all the invoices/Documents (base financial books) according to the monthly base books respectively, before sending to Capital office for archiving
- Check that all the invoices are present for each transaction in the accountancy.
- Classify & split the invoices according to their budget lines if necessary, particularly when they have been used in various operations (redistribution of the initial budget lines).
- HND or B.Sc. Accounting, Bachelor level degree in Management, Finance, or related field
Skills and Experience
- Organized with time management and planning skills
- Sense of confidentiality
- Strong computer skills, and familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to manage and follow work plans
- Good interpersonal skills (communication, able to negotiate, influence, give effective feedback, be a team player)
- Able to manage stress effectively, juggle competing priorities, balance various programmatic, logistic and team needs
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in a finance and administration-related role.
- Experience in a non-governmental organization is preferred
- Experience with donor-funded programs would be appreciated.
Minimum Basic Salary
NGN156,995 per Month.
Application Closing Date
Friday, 3rd July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.