Medecins Sans Frontieres is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, gender, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hospital Facilities Manager
Location: Jahun, Jigawa
Accountabilities / Responsibilities (Non-exhaustive List)
- Leading and directing all support activities in the hospital, in close collaboration with the clinical and nursing leadership, and developing, assessing and implementing the logistics strategy, policies, tools and procedures specifically in the areas of Biomedical, Mechanical, Construction, Energy, Transport, Hospital Supply Applied Security and EPREP. Assisting the hospital management and LogCo in defining the yearly planning, budget and the hospital activities in order to identify and respond to the needs of the population. When required, bidding and managing the hospital improvements, maintenance and construction budget and directing construction requirements in collaboration with Construction Log (if available).
- Responsible for the implementation and ensuring the proper functioning of the hospital facilities and structures whether linked to development, installation, maintenance and improvement (e.g. structure, energy, WHS, medical and non-medical materials, communication, cold chain, biomedical equipment, portering and transfer systems, laundry system, etc.) in accordance with MSF standards and development protocols.
- Ensuring that hospital occupational health and safety systems are in place, maintained and updated when needed (e.g. fire safety including emergency planning, hospital access and security).
- Responsible for hospital hygiene through good management of cleaning teams, engagement with the nursing director and regular audit. Responsible for safe and efficient waste management and managing hospital WHS in partnership with the responsible WHS specialist and together delivering a comprehensive hospital vector control mechanism.
- Supporting the project and hospital logistician in the implementation of the Hospital Logistics Tool Kit (HLT) and provide training for its efficient implementation. Ensuring that all staff in the project are informed of the proper use of the hospital’s infrastructure, equipment and communication tools.
- Ensuring that the installation and maintenance of the functional spaces of medical offices are in adequate conditions and that the HR structures are in place to support the management of medical facilities.
- Planning and supervising in collaboration with the Hospital/Project Coordination Team, the HR processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation and internal, external communication) of the logistics personnel of the project in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the activity. Providing technical reference to all logistical/technical problems and providing guidance to the logistics staff under his/her responsibility. Supervising the LOG (Biomed, storekeeper and Electrician) and WHS specialist teams.
- In coordination with the Logistics Team Leader, reviewing the current hospital logistical management strategies, tools and procedures and recommending possible amendments or revisions in order to achieve effectiveness and efficiency of the hospital support structures
- Defining and monitoring the technical aspects of the reduction of political risk of the project, transportation, communication, protection, identification and preparation of the technical aspects of security policy and guidelines, evacuation plans and contingency, monitoring daily the application of safety rules and report to the Logistics Team Leader and/or Project Coordinator any problem that may arise.
- Participating in the writing of the monthly reports according to guidelines Direct line manager in the hospital including but not limited to preparing rosters, annual leaves, keep record of attendance, organize meetings
- Hospital Logistics team; Watsan Supervisor, Maintenance Officers; Groundskeeper; storekeeper, Waste Management and Electrician
- Assist the Project Coordinator, Logistics Team Leader, Medical Team Leader, and Outreach Manager in defining and implementing hospital logistic activities.
- Check and ensure the maintenance of MSF hospital facilities, as well as the general water supply, sanitation, waste area and incinerator, electrical, and security conditions.
- Ensure weekly supply and organization for all needed materials in the hospital including but not limited to cleaning materials, drinking water, hospital food, hygiene and medical consumables…etc.; as well as follow up and monitor the consumption and availability of sufficient water supply in the hospital; maintain follow up with the suppliers to ensure quality and timely delivery and resupply.
- Ensure availability of energy to the hospital, ensure generator periodic maintenance is respected, refueling and the generator schedules are followed, stock cards updated and reporting any issues to the logistics team leader.
- Carry out day and/or night checks at the guard post, check the security logbooks and stay informed about security problems. Monitor, regulate and control the protection of MSF property and supervise all security personnel employed for that purpose.
- Advise the logistics team leader and ensure any information related to security and safety of the project (national staff issues) is transmitted for proper subjects’ management.
- Supervise, monitor, and ensure timely completion of all logistical projects and activities in the hospital in accordance with MSF standards and protocols including but not limited to construction, maintenance, ensuring quality of work, collecting any requests from the teams.
- Supervise the daily cleaning activities in the hospital, ensure the cleaning protocols and vector control and spraying are followed and respected. Manage all WASH related activities maintaining high level of quality.
- Ensure that all team members are trained and confident with their knowledge about their duties and responsibilities, ensure they have the proper materials to work safely (PPE) and make proposals for actions that can improve their various support activities.
- Ensure availability of means of transportation for referral cases, make sure there is always oxygen available in referral vehicles and on standby, and the vehicles are ready with enough fuel.
- Ensure good collaboration with the hospital authorities and other MSF interlocuters.
- Support the medical and logistic teams whenever possible with any other duties that might not be related directly to hospital logistics, keeping reasonable level of flexibility.
- Perform Individual evaluations of all logistic staff (once every six month or once per mission)
- Prepare, compile, and provide analysis on monthly hospital logistics reports including, but not limited to: Sitrep, Mission Chronogram, Mechanic’s Report, Fuel Consumption, Inventory and Consumables Consumption, Hospital quality and Food Consumption, and Asset Management.
- Work closely with the Field Admin and Logistic Team Leader in the preparation of the logistics monthly Cash Request that includes all potential logistic expenses both validated and pending and forecasted for the upcoming month.
- Ensure all MSF equipment at the hospital are periodically inventoried (at least quarterly) and updated on memo accordingly.
Required Skills and Conditions
- Essential secondary education and a technical diploma or technical university diploma preferably engineering.
- Management and organizational capacites
- At least 5 years work experience in logistics related to activities, supply chain, WHS or facilities management
- Essential thorough understanding of logistics issues in developing countries (e.g. communications, energy, building maintenance) and management of a multi-skilled and diverse team.
- Fluent English (speaking, reading and writing); local language desirable.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet).
- People Management and Development
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Result and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation.
Gross salary per month: N556,003.
Application Closing Date
3rd January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter, CV, qualifications and contact details by email to:firstname.lastname@example.org Using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Non-compliant or Late applications will Not be Considered.
- Only successful applicants will be called for written test and interview.