Havana Specialist Hospital is a foremost Nigerian private hospital where multidisciplinary medicine is practiced at the highest level. Since her inception in the year 1983, Havana Specialist Hospital has continued to be a pace setter in medical service delivery in Lagos, and Nigeria at large. To this effect, Havana has since grown to become one of the best hospitals in Nigeria and has been acknowledged by several awards and prestigious recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICU Nurse
Location: Surulere, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Overall Purpose of the Job
- The ICU nurse is primarily responsible for providing safe, effective, efficient care environment for patients, as well as quality and standard care to acutely and critically ill patients.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensures increased patient safety and to improve outcomes in terms of morbidity, mortality, and length of stay.
- Provides basic, bedside care.
- Monitors catheters, leads and tubing for proper placement and functioning.
- Promoting high quality outcomes for patients and consistently demonstrate effective interpersonal relationships with other staff and patients and sensitively handling problems.
- Provides support, empathy, tender, quality and reassurance in the delivery of patient care.
- Ensures that all ICU procedures are done safely and competently and ensuring responsible and effective use of ICU resources.
- Respond to emergency/life-saving situations based upon nursing standards and protocol.
- Ensuring that patients’ records are inputted correctly on the EMR and ensuring the strictest confidentiality of patients’ information.
- Attend to enquiries and complaints from both internal stakeholders; patients, relatives, staff or management and external stakeholders in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Prepare and administers medication; orally, subcutaneously, or through an IV and records prescribed medications.
- Perform or assist others to perform proper aseptic techniques, isolation procedures, and infection control measures.
- Review patient’s progress and notify appropriate nursing and medical staff to changes in the patient’s status.
- Initiate patient education plan, as prescribed by physician. Teaches patients how to manage their illness/injury, by explaining: post-treatment home care needs, diet/nutrition/exercise programs, self-administration of medication and rehabilitation.
- Monitor and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients, and interprets and records electronic displays, such as intracranial pressures, central venous pressures, pulmonary artery pressures, and cardiac rhythms from cardiac monitors, respirators, ventilators, manometers, oxygen pumps, etc.
- Achieve a balance between the demands of direct patient care within existing resources.
- Provide assistance to the doctor or other medical personnel in the assessment of patients and delivery of treatments, such as dressing wounds, and monitors the life support equipment that patients use.
- Evaluate effectiveness of nursing interventions and methods of implementation.
- Incorporate clinical and technical aspects of care with nursing actions and interventions in accordance with established policies, standards and procedures.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing Science or Healthcare Administration
- RN and RM, Nursing practice license Nursing practice license with 2-4 years’ experience as a Staff Nurse
- Ability to utilize various Microsoft Office applications/software
- Primary Focus on Customer Service
- Extensive experience in ICU in a hospital setting
- Experience and commitment to clinical teaching
Skills and Competence:
- Demonstrate commitment to quality patient care through effective team working
- Demonstrate ability to assess patient’s understanding of and compliance with instructions and health care teaching.
- Demonstrate ethical values, expertise and professionalism in day-to-day work
- Excellent decision making skills with focus on outcomes
- Professional and considerate attitude towards patients and staff
- Commitment to quality patient care
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Application Closing Date
7th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.