Smart Partners Consulting Limited is a leading indigenous HR Consulting Firm in Nigeria located in Lagos with services offered in Recruitment, Outsourcing, Training and HR Consulting. We are a growing firm providing services to top leading companies across the Oil & Gas, IT, Banking Industries and many others using our world class recruiting process with vibrant, talented and passionate team.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Insurance Underwriter Manager
- Ensure quality underwriting and claims management for all classes of Insurance, prompt and error-free documentation of policies to achieve superior customer service delivery.
- Generating new business opportunities for the company.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works closely with brokers to ensure service goals are met
- Day-to-day underwriting operations by establishing priorities, adjusting quotes when necessary, to have competitive edge over other industry players while ensuring adherence to laid down underwriting standards.
- Conduct underwriting audits and other technical quality review programs
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data prepared and obtain approval for risk selection and acceptance, coverage, and price.
- Actively manage a set of team assigned to you, deliver timely, high quality and profitable services.
- Develop and maintain effective business relationships with internal and external customers in order to attract develop and retain profitable businesses.
- Participate with senior management in department and business unit-wide initiatives around product development, processes, underwriting policy and strategy; recommend/implement changes to improve productivity, profitability and business growth.
- Assessing, gathering background information & forming opinion on insurance proposals
- Liaise with other departments to resolve issues and create business efficiencies
- Establish and manage departmental business processes.
- Interfacing with actuarial consultant on technical matters
- First degree (Minimum of Second Class Lower degree) in Insurance, or any related field
- Master’s degree is an added advantage
- Candidate must be an Associate of CIIN
- Minimum of 6 years relevant experience in insurance underwriting and claims management.
- High proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrable understanding of the underwriting concepts, principles, practices, and procedures
- Proven Insurance Underwriting Skills
- Confident decision making skills
- Excellent knowledge of life insurance policies
- Proven numeracy and statistical skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills
- High Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications most especially in Microsoft Excel tool.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional leadership skills
Application Closing Date
30th July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in Ms Word or PDF format to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.