Youth Network for Community and Sustainable Development (YNCSD) – We are the leading advocacy group of all youth bodies working to end all forms of violence against women and girls including harmful traditional practices in Nigeria. The Youth Network for Community and Sustainable Development is a movement catalyzing social change by engaging young people and amplifying their voices to speak for Human Rights, through targeted advocacy to key players, capacity building and development, communications and media engagements, partnerships and program implementation. We also work on other Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights issues, Governance and Environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Intern – Monitoring Evaluation & Learning
Location: Abuja (Remote)
Contract Duration: 3 months
Proposed Start Date: September 2020
Employment Type: Internship
- The M&E Intern will work closely with the Technical Team under the direct supervision of the Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Officer for the monitoring and ensuring high quality and timely inputs, and for ensuring that the project maintains its strategic vision and that its activities result in the achievement of its intended outputs in a cost-effective and timely manner.
- The MEL intern will be responsible for designing and implementing the M&E activities of the Project; assisting the Project Manager in preparing Quarterly/Annual reports on project progress and will monitor the project activities on a regular basis, developing, maintaining reporting folders and spreadsheets of assigned project portfolio as well as being responsible for the collection & analysis of different data in relation to assigned project portfolio.
- Monitor all project activities, and progress towards achieving the project output;
- Recommend further improvement of the milestones of the Project; Suggest strategies to the Project Management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks;
- Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities to the Project Manager in close consultation with team members and using pre-developed format;
- Assist the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use;
- Prepare and maintain database after the successful completion of the Project;
- Support the Communications and Advocacy team where necessary.
- Be a current undergraduate student or recent graduate from a recognized university in Nigeria.
- Fluency in written and spoken English Language.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills Excellent problem-solving ability
- Strong training & facilitation skills.
Unpaid Internship (cost of data and other expenses to be considered).
Application Closing Date
2nd September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send an Application Letter stating their motivation and the skills that they would bring to this position along with their Resume/CV to: [email protected] and cc [email protected]
Note: Documents must be in English, stated “Application for the Position of an Intern [MEL]” in the email subject line.