Bourbon Interoil Nigeria Limited, a leading international player in marine services, Bourbon offers to the most demanding oil & gas clients worldwide a full line of innovative, safe, high performance and new generation vessels and an expanded offer of offshore oil & gas services.
The Company is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Master – TUG (M/F)
Location: Onne, Rivers
Job type (offshore/onshore): Offshore
Roles and Responsibilities
- The Master has the overriding authority and responsibility for making decisions and taking all necessary actions regarding safety, pollution prevention and the efficient operation of the vessel and to request the company’s assistance that may be necessary.
- Familiarize him/herself with all sections and parts of the company (QSMS) and all company policies, procedures and instructions.
- Implement and maintain the company’s policies and procedures and instructions.
- Motivate the crew to observe the company policies, procedures and instructions by demonstrating knowledge of, and a positive attitude to the company QSMS.
- Issue appropriate written or verbal orders and instructions in a clear and simple manner.
- Verify that all specific requirements of the company policies and procedures are observed.
- Complete the annual “Master’s Review” in accordance with the requirements of the QSMS.
- Propose improvements to the QSMS in order to improve the quality and safety of Bourbon Interoil services to its customers.
- Report non-conformances, hazardous situations, defects and other undesirable events, determine the causes of same, and suggest corrective actions.
- Understand that raising non-conformances also involves responsibility for corrective actions, and shall prepare a written report of the result in accordance with established company procedures.
- Ensure that the vessel and crew are prepared for any emergency situation at all times.
- Ensure that all emergency drills, safety meetings and other QSMS requirements, including but not limited to, Pre-Task Planning, Checklist use and PPE use are carried out in a correct, timely and thorough manner according to QSMS procedures.
- Maintain in good order all shipboard files, certificates and records, including the documentation and reporting of all applicable information in the company and vessel logbooks.
The Master shall keep himself updated on:
- Laws and regulations issued by competent authorities and/or governments by keeping a library list of all relevant IMO publications and check Flag State web-sites monthly if new regulations apply and if able.
- Recommendations from Classifications Society.
- The Owners instructions and any revisions to the QSMS.
The Master shall maintain the following:
- Ship’s certificates and classification documents
- Recommendations and reports issued by the Flag States, the Classification Society of the corresponding Port State authority.
- The original certificates shall be filed onboard and a copy shall be maintained at the vessel owning company office and any other locations as deemed appropriate.
- During his/her tour of duty, the Master should indicate which certificates are, or will become due during the next period using a copy of the vessel’s certificate record. This shall be forwarded to the vessel owning company office for applicable follow up.
Qualifications, Skills and Experiences
Candidate must possess the following minimum experience:
- Minimum of 5 towing/rig move operation
- 12months as Master, on TUG
- Must possess STCW Master II/2 license.
- Good understanding of English language,
- Must possess experience on vessels with Azimuth Stern Drive
- Must be meet all Manilla 2010 STCW certificate requirements
- Must be able to use Microsoft applications
- Licenses (seafearers only)
- Master Unlimited (A-II/2)
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online