President Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR, last year approved for National Directorate of Employment (NDE) to implement in eight (8) states of the Federation a Pilot Special Public Works Programme in the Rural Areas. The Pilot programme was implemented in five Local Government Areas each in the eight states as follows: Adamawa, Borno, Ebonyi, Edo, Ekiti, Jigawa, Katsina and Kwara.
Arising from the success achieved from the implementation of the pilot programme; the need, desire and commitment of President Muhammadu Buhari to mitigate the socio-economic effects of COVID 19; to create massive jobs as well as to maintain critical social infrastructure at the rural base of the economy, the President approved for NDE to implement the 774,000 Jobs under an Expanded Special Public Works Programme in all the 774 Local Government Areas nationwide through engagement of 1,000 unemployed persons per Local Government Area for a period of three months commencing from 1″ October, 2020.
The 774,000 Jobs is a dry season/off season transient jobs and rehabilitation/maintenance of social infrastructure under which participants will be paid an allowance of Twenty Thousand Naira (N20,000) monthly and will be recruited from unskilled persons.
The Participants will be engaged in:
• Drainage Digging and Clearance
• Irrigation Canals Clearance, earth dams etc.
• Rural Feeder Roads Maintenance
• Maintenance of the Great Green Wall Nurseries and Orchards
• Traffic Control
• Vegetation Control along the Federal Highways
• Street Cleaning/Solar street light panel maintenance
• Cleaning of public infrastructure like Health Centres, Schools and the like
• Maintenance / rehabilitation of public infrastructure, and
REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPATION
Prospective participants must fulfil the following;
• No formal education is required for participation
• Must be a Nigerian
• Aged 18years and above
• Must be an indigene or resident within the Local Government Area of participation
• Must be physically fit or with partial disability
Unemployed Nigerians willing to participate in the programme should make enquiries from the under listed persons who are piloting the registration process in the States.
The registration is free and open to all unemployed Nigerians that meet the criteria from 7th to 21st September, 2020.
For all enquires please contact any of the following:
A. Chairman, State Selection Committee
B. Vice Chairman, State Selection Committee
C. State Coordinator