Ascentech Services Limited – Our client, a leading Production & Packaging company, is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Manager
Locations: Lagos, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Production Manager is responsible for all production activities in the factory which include processing, maintenance, quality, efficiency, and safety. This includes driving strategic plans that ensure that production goals are met in the most cost-effective manner delivering expected financial results.
- To ensure that the facility provides the quality products produced in the most efficient manner within budgeted costs. Implements systems to effectively manage production schedules supporting the business.
- To plan the procurement, receipt and issue of raw material required for daily production.
Production and Maintenance:
- Leads the effort and drives manufacturing tools and techniques fostering continuous improvement within the facility. Acts in a proactive manner with respect to problem resolution.
- Leads the overall efforts for cost reduction initiatives, capital planning and resource allocation.
- Manages the overall scheduling, production, maintenance, quality, safety, logistics and other administrative functions for the facility.
- Leads the effort in working within all company guidelines and local/state regulations.
- To set, maintain and monitor the processing parameters on machine and moulds as per cycle time/targets established to maximize plant efficiency.
- To control the rejection percentage with a maximum limit of 3 to 3.5 % of the production.
- To monitor timely grinding of the rejection and ensure maximum utilization of the scrap.
- Ensure the efficient operation of injection molding machines and down line equipments.
- Generate machine breakdown history and root cause analysis report and provide the action plan to the management.
- To update on necessary spare parts (local & overseas) requirements for prompt maintenance of machines and utilities.
- To train and supervise all manpower requirements such as operators, electricians, fitters & workers to achieve production efficiency and quality as per targets established.
- To develop and motivate staff to optimize productivity of the workforce. Carry out performance reviews of the team and provide feedback to the management as required.
- Verify daily production reports, generators utilization, PHCN availability report, air compressor utilization report and PH value of the cooling tower.
- Prepare daily machine break down reports, mould change reports, machine maintenance history card reports.
- Maintain the daily production consumables and accessories inventory report.
- Maintaining physical inventory records for raw material, diesel, spare parts and any other consumables and submitting the same to accounts on a monthly basis.
Desired Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in plastic injection molding, operations, maintenance, engineering and/or process improvement with minimum 5 years of experience in managing plant production including managing teams of at least 100 people.
- Knowledge on Milacron/Jon Wai machines would be an advantage.
- Experience in managing to the ISO or equivalent quality standards would be an advantage.
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] stating the position applied for in the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.