The Federal Polytechnic Mubi was established in Yola along with six other Federal Polytechnics by Decree No 33 of 25th July, 1979. The Polytechnic was established primarily to provide full time, part-time courses of instruction and training in technology, applied science, commerce and management and in such other fields of applied learning.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below for the Federal Polytechnic, Mubi, Adamawa State:
Job Title: Rector
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
- The Rector is the Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of the Polytechnic, and has power to exercise general authority over both the staff and students and he is also responsible for discipline in the Polytechnic, subject to the general control of the Governing Council.
- In addition to proven Management and leadership experience, the successful candidate must have a demonstrable passion for academic endeavours and must also be credible.
Qualifications and Qualities
The Candidate for the post is expected to possess the following qualification and qualities:
- Must hold a Master’s degree, preferably a doctorate degree from a recognized Institution in any of the disciplines offered in the Polytechnic (viz: Science, Technology, Commerce and Management) with a minimum of fifteen years teaching experience, at-least five (5) years of which must have been gained in a Polytechnic.
- Must be a Chief Lecturer from the Polytechnic Sector with not less than five (5) years’ experience on the rank.
- Must not be more than fifty-nine (59) years of age as at the time of application.
- Must demonstrate evidence of strong Academic and Administrative leadership, initiative and creativity in policy formulation, good human relations and positive managerial attributes.
- Must provide evidence of membership of reputable professional body/bodies in Nigeria.
- Must provide evidence of scholarly publications in reputable journals as well as presentation of invited papers at educational conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Must be able to attract research grants and development facilities to the Polytechnic.
- Must be a person with initiative and vision with the capacity to sustain the accelerated pace of development of the Polytechnic even under financial and other challenging constraints.
- Must be fair-minded and dynamic individual with an impeccable reputation.
- Must be a person who is not likely to pursue racial, ethical, gender, political, religious or other sectional interest.
- Must be morally sound, of impeccable character and free from financial embarrassment.
- Must enjoy excellent physical and mental health (with evidence from a Government Hospital).
- Must be proficient in Information & Communication Technology (ICT).
Terms of Appointment / Condition Of Service
- The Appointment is for a single tenure of five (5) years. The Salary is consolidated and the appointee shall enjoy other benefits of the office as may be approved from time-to-time by the Federal Government.
Application Closing Date
20th August, 2020
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send attached to their Applications, Twenty (20) typewritten copies of their Curriculum Vitae, giving the details in the following order:
- Full Names (Surname first and underlined).
- Date and Place of Birth. 4
- State of Origin and Local Government Area.
- Nationality and how acquired.
- Marital Status.
- Number and Ages of Children.
- Current Postal Address including Telephone Number and e-mail.
- Educational Institutions attended with dates.
- Academic and Professional Qualifications obtained with dates.
- Membership of Professional Bodies/Associations
- Honours and Distinctions (if any).
- Academic/Scholarly Publications.
- Conferences attended and papers presented with dates.
- Previous Employer(s) and Post(s) held with dates.
- Present Employment: to include status, salary, duties and any other relevant experience.
- Statement of own Vision for the Polytechnic (20 copies).
- Other activities outside current employment.
- Name and addresses of three (3) Referees (Employer/Educational and Personal), who are to forward Confidential Reports directly to the Registrar, the Federal Polytechnic, Mubi. Such Referees should be able to attest to the candidate’s claim to high academic and managerial capabilities as well as to the candidate’s notable uprightness.
Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope and marked “Application For The Post Of Rector” at the top left-hand corner addressed to:
The Federal Polytechnic,
P.M.B. 35, Mubi,
- Applicants will be required to produce originals of their certificates and other relevant credentials if invited for an interview, photocopies will not be accepted. Applicants must also be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence.