Bourbon Interoil Nigeria Limited, a leading international player in marine services, Bourbon offers to the most demanding oil & gas clients worldwide a full line of innovative, safe, high performance and new generation vessels and an expanded offer of offshore oil & gas services.
The Company is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Credit Coordinator – M/F
Contract type: Permanent Contract
Job type (offshore/onshore): Onshore
Roles and Responsibilities
- Supervision of the Credit Coordinators in their daily tasks and replace Head of Account Receivable during his absent.
Description and Expected Outcome/Performance Indicators:
- Master and Implement National and International maritime regulation. Ensure that Offshore personnel comply with all BOURBON’s and Client’s requirements and standards. Ensure crew on board meet the vessel matrix requirement as determined by the Operations Manager
- Ensure the payment allocations are duly done and the documentation duly archived;
- Liaise with relevant Credit Officers and Contract Managers on specific issues
- Report on recurrent issues with clients to Head of Account Receivable
- Supervise daily the Credit coordinators
- Manage tax codes in Oracle AR and ensure the good allocations of tax deductions
- Work alongside BINL tax officer on reconciliations of accounts and management of tax receipts
- Training of Credit Officers and other credit coordinator on (follow-up of outstanding, control of invoicing, reporting creation)Monthly reconciliation of 10% Retention applied to all Mobil Contractors invoices for both BINL and contracting entities
- Preparation and Monitoring of all Balance Sheet accounts and all adjustments made on Oracle AR thereby maintaining the required standard
- Ensure a reliable Financial information with a proper use of the Chart of Account / New coding
- Turnover is correctly posted and reported;
- Relieve the Credit Coordinators and Head of Account receivable while on Vacation
- All the payments allocated timely (within 24h after payment and payment advise is received);
- All the payment duly allocated as per payment advise and after confirm that all the deductions are duly done;
- Escalate to Head of AR all the irregularities;
- Ensure all the documentation related with payments are duly uploaded on oracle and properly archived on the folders;
- Ensure good communication and interactions with contract managers
- Follow-up and implement the actions agreed with Head of AR;
- Monitor the daily work routine of credit team and credit back charge team;
- Ensure all the invoices and its supporting documents are uploaded in oracle;
- Monitor the invoicing monthly submission and ensure is done as per company’s deadlines/procedures;
- Review and prepare the reports as per company procedures; ensure the deadline is respected.
- Follow-up with the contract manager in order to solve any issue related with retention payment;
- Provide a monthly report to Head of AR and contract manager with the retentions in outstanding.
Qualifications, Skills and Experiences
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or any related Financial Management Degree.
- Must Possess either ICAN/ACCA professional Certificate.
- Good knowledge of IFRS, local and global Management Accounting Trends will be an added advantage.
- MBA or Master’s Degree in a function related field will be an asset.
- Must possess a good multitasking ability and Accounting skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal daily supervision.
- Team player and Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- High level of Computer and analytical skills.
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience especially in a Senior Credit Control and Account Receivables function.
- Minimum of 3 years Marine & Logistics (Oil and Gas) experience in a similar role is mandatory
- High initiative and ability to work with no supervision
Minimum level of education required
- 3 – Bachelor’s degree (3 years).
Minimum level of experience required:
- 6-10 years.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online