IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Manager, Optimization
IHS Towers are currently recruiting for a Senior Manager, Optimization. In this role, you oversee all power dimensioning analyses and designs for site audits, BTS sites and site upgrades, ensuring they are all in line with specifications and standards.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Approve Technical Site Survey (TSS) Design & Soil Test Review.
- Review and approve design drawings sent in by vendors
- Approve Tower Loading Analysis (TLA) for customer implementation.
- Review site audit and structural appraisal reports as submitted by assigned vendors.
- Review and validate submitted reports to generate Bill of Materials (BOM) for Tower Retrofit.
- Review and monitor Project Implementation Plan (PIP) as submitted by vendors.
- Review and confirm Pro-forma Invoice (RFI) as submitted by vendors.
- Review and approve site design and analysis for project implementation and site upgrade design as per request where applicable.
- Evaluate, validate and approve BOM for the procurement process.
- Review tower specifications and civil works needed on a new site.
- Sign off on projects as completed.
- Review power audit report for completeness and correctness. Query information provided and request supporting evidence.
- Dimension power capacity for all sites across regions to accomodate new tenants’, and stabilize existing tenants’ equipment.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders for support in all power systems-related matters.
- Review detailed and complete documentation for every dimension solution or project.
- Proactively communicate project status, issues and risks to relevant stakeholders as and when due.
- Reject vendor business case where IHS requirements are not met.
- Review and approve recommendations in the Trial Final Report (TFR).
- Reject installation and integration procedure document if roll-back plan is unapproved.
- Ensure proposed solutions go through appropriate analysis, testing, and trial run before they are presented to the Steering Committee for adoption.
- Invite vendors to meetings to discuss their solutions.
- Review trial progress and weekly reports on projects.
- Review TFR and sign off as appropriate.
- Track progress and review project tasks to ensure deadlines are achieved.
- Present new ideas and cash flow strategies to management and other stakeholders.
- Liaise closely with other business units to ensure accurate and robust budget monitoring against project plans.
- Ensure notification and/or escalation processes are in place to report on both underspend and potential overspend.
- Track and monitor benefits realization against planned targets.
- Promote communication between colleagues for the benefit of information flow and to curb any problems that arise
- Prepare and submit reports to the Director, Project Management Office (PMO) on all matters pertaining to the Optimization unit.
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the Director, PMO.
- Be Bold
- Customer Focus
- Project Management
- Capital Optimization
- Program Management
- Logistics Management
- Contract Management
- Business Planning
- Financial Acumen
- Collaboration & Teamwork
Experience & Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications Engineering or related disciplines.
- Master’s degree in an Engineering or related field and/ or an MBA would be advantageous.
- Professional certifications such as PMP and PRINCE2 would be advantageous.
- +15 years’ cognate experience in telecoms program management.
Application Closing Date
10th July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online