Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Project Manager
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Duration: 2 months
State Date: 04-01-2021
- Action Against Hunger currently implements 12 projects in three states, Jigawa, Yobe and Borno, with more than 400 staff operating through 5 offices in Abuja, Dutse, Damaturu, Maiduguri, and Monguno and additional sub-offices in project LGAs. Two coordination teams provide direction and technical expertise from Abuja and Maiduguri, and through frequent field visits, to the four field offices. Since 2011, Action Against Hunger has been playing a key role in humanitarian response in the north-eastern part of the country. High needs in nutrition, health, WASH, chronic food insecurity and depleted livelihoods, has made this area a major focus of Action Against Hunger.
- Action Against Hunger has partnered with ECHO and the Yobe State MoH for the past six years, establishing and running SAM treatment centers within 56 health facilities, implementing community-based promotion of optimal infant and child feeding practices in targeted communities, have established more than 350 care groups comprising about 4604 care group volunteers and 63585 neighbour women-oriented on optimal infant and young child feeding practices over the past years including necessary WASH in nutrition programming.
- The current project is implemented in 4 LGAs of Yobe State (Damaturu, Fune, Potiskum and Yunusari). Yobe is one of the crisis-affected states in Northeast Nigeria where prolong insecurity and persistent malnutrition continues to demand international support for a large number of vulnerable populations. The project has a team size of about 45 staff from various sectors including Nutrition, WASH, Social Protection / FSL as well as M&E.
More precisely, your main responsibilities will be:
- Ensure efficient, effective, quality and timely implementation of the entire project
- Manage and develop the project team
- Maintain comprehensive records and report in a timely manner
- Assist wider organizational development through learning and proposal
- Manage external relations related to the project
- You hold a Master’s degree in Project Management, Social Sciences, Health and Nutrition and / or development.
- You have experience in project cycle management at a senior level for at least 4 years in an international NGO.
- You have excellent management, organizational, motivational and leadership skills.
- You demonstrate experiences in financial management and preparation of budgets for programming. You are familiar with ECHO, EU, OFA and DfiD reporting and regulations and you have an experience in managing at least medium teams.
- You have experience in multisector emergency responses and sector coordination and you have a good knowledge of the humanitarian architecture and transformative agenda. You are flexible, creative and innovative.
Your Conditions of Employment
- 2 months fixed term contract under French legislation
- Monthly gross salary from €1600 to €1975 upon experience.
- Per diem and living allowance: 329€ + 210€
- + 12 % of monthly gross salary as country allowance
- + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
- + Child allowance, limited to 5 children
- Transportation and accommodation: Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission. Individual room in guesthouse covered
- Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
- Leaves and RnR: 25 days of paid leaves per year. 20 RnR per year. 215 € at each RnR period (every 12 weeks). Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference.
- Training: Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Cross knowledge.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online