Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Social Protection Programme Manager
Duration: Long-term Contract
Start Date: 2020-09-15
- You will be in charge of the proper implementation and completion of Project throughout all its different phases as well as the appropriate management of its specific scope, schedule, resources, quality, risks, representation, coordination and contractual requirements.
More precisly, you will be responsible for:
- Leading the coordination for the implementation of a cash? based – social protection program and ensuring efficient, effective, quality and timely implementation of the entire project.
- Managing the program field team to ensure compliance, technical quality and coherence
- Tracking and reporting of technical activities
- Participating in regular internal and external coordination for the program and the wider social protection sector at federal and state levels.
- Master’s of Arts or Science/Bac+5/6 (or higher) in International Development, Humanitarian Assistance, Rural Development, Geography, Food and Nutrition Policy, Economics or related. Focus on social
- protection preferred. Similar Bachelor’s degrees profiles to be considered with two additional years of work experience.
- 4 years’ experience in humanitarian or development contexts, with at least 1-year managing or coordinating a social protection or safety nets project in a developing country.
- If possible, previous experience with ACF in cash or social protection programs or in Nigeria
- Familiarity with statistical or data collection and analysis software (SPSS, SPHINX, STATA, EPI Info, ENA for SMART, GIS, etc.)
- Excellent management skills especially in consortiums (HR, projects, stress management)
- Ability to organize, train and motivate a multicultural team
- Excellent diplomatic and negotiation skills
- Disciplined and able to work independently
- Fluent in English
- Excellent drafting and written skills
Specific Conditions / Salary
- Status: 9 months Long-term contract, provided by ACF according to the French legislation.
Remuneration and Benefits :
- Monthly gross salary from 2010 to 2335 € upon experience
- Per diem and living allowance: 539€ net, field paid
- 150€ as country allowance
- 16% of monthly gross. For non-French citizen for retrocession of retirement and unemployment insurance.
- Child allowance
- Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- + 20 RnR per year.
- + 215 € at each RnR period (averagely every 3 months )
- Support for transport tickets to the reference recovery area.
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
- Technical trainings at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year).
- Participation to external trainings costs upon eligibility of the request.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online