Empowerlocals provides everyone the opportunity to lend, fund and train underserved people in local businesses.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Volunteer, Business Advisory
Job Code: Vlt002
Location: Lagos, Nigeria.
Time Commitment: Flexible
Duration: September 21 – November 6, 2020 (with possibility of extension)
- This is a position for 10 (Ten) passionate volunteers that are interested in supporting local business owners in Lagos for TWO (2) Months.
- Volunteers will collaborate with the current team to teach market vendors; branding, marketing and digital marketing, bookkeeping, customer care, personnel management and, other courses that are beneficial to their businesses.
- Due to COVID-19, safety materials will be provided, and further off-site market interactions with vendors will be highly encouraged.
Knowledge / Skills / Experience Desired
- If you are interested in supporting small businesses, working intimately with researchers conducting groundbreaking research, getting familiar with research tools for education, and touching people’s lives during this process – this is for you.
- Opportunities to learn business insights from entrepreneurs in Lagos
- Increased knowledge of experimental research, teamwork and nonprofit work in Lagos
- Free Invitation to training on research methods using statistical packages like R and Python
- Biweekly team picnic with network of change agents
- Potential business collaborations with vendors
- Access to G-suite services
- Access to e-books on local communities
- Certificate of participation
- More importantly, enrolled with the army of change agents seeking to make a difference in Nigeria.
- No salary will be paid. There will be stipends for transportation and lunch only.
- Valuable skills and experience in local business will be gained
Application Closing Date
13th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online