The American University of Nigeria (AUN) was established in 2004 as Africa’s first Development University, its mission is to promote learning, service and to educate leaders who will be prepared to tackle the development issues in Nigeria and Africa. The university offers an American-style education modeled after the curriculum of American universities, using the latest in internet technology and e-learning resources.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate / Professor (Communication & Multimedia Design)
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Employment Type: Full-time
Expected Start Date: March 2021
Reports to: Dean of Arts and Sciences/CMD Program Chair
The Hiring Department:
- The School of Arts and Sciences is one of the largest academic units of the university, and home to six academic programs and more than a dozen major concentrations, including Communication & Multimedia Design (CMD), English Literature & Languages, Petroleum Chemistry, Economics, Natural & Environmental Sciences, and Politics & International Studies. The successful candidate will work within the Communication & Multimedia Design (CMD), which has four concentrations or degree tracks, namely: Journalism; Radio, Television, and Film; Multimedia Design; and Public Relations & Advertising (PRAD).
- We are particularly interested in candidates with strong academic and professional expertise in Multimedia Design, Radio, Television, and Film, and Public Relations & Advertising.
- AUN is seeking a motivated Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or full Professor in Communication & Media Studies in the department of Communication & Multimedia Design (CMD) who will be responsible for and contribute towards preparing students to be applied, critical thinkers and problem solvers through innovative teaching, research, and community service as may be requested by the Dean.
- S/he will contribute to the department’s administration and work closely with the Chair and Dean of the school in formulating and implementing course structures that would translate to effective teaching and learning of courses in line with the development philosophy of the American University of Nigeria, while also carrying out and disseminating high quality research and community services.
- PhD in Communication & Multimedia Designor related discipline.
- Expertise in one or more of the following broad areas as detailed items: a) New Media and Multimedia Design b) Film, and Radio, Television and Digital Broadcasting c) Public Relations and Advertising d) Journalism, Media and Communication Studies
- Experience of teaching new media/communication studies courses with practicum components at a reputable higher education.
- An outstanding record of teaching and experience in problem-centered approach to teaching and learning in higher education
- An outstanding record of research and publications in peer-reviewed journals as commensurate with career stage.
- Experience in American Style of higher education
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills are required. The right candidate must have a strong command of English language
- Experience of working in Africa
- Experience of using learning technologies and educational platforms such as Canvas, Moodle, Blackboard, etc
- Experience of curriculum development
- Experience of organizing conferences and workshops
- Experience of developing research proposals for externally funded projects
Application Closing Date
15th February, 2021
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates submit their Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae, Links to three most important research publications and/or designs, Names and contact information of three referees on a single MS word or PDF file to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com