Guaranty Trust Holding Company (GTCO) in a recent notice announced changes in its Board. The tier-1 bank appointed Mrs Miriam Olusanya as the new Managing Director of its banking subsidiary, GTBank, thereby replacing the former M.D segun Agbaje.
In light of the above, here are 10 things you should know about the recently appointed M.D
- Miriam Chidiebele Olusanya is an accomplished banker with over 21 years of experience in corporate finance, treasury, assets and liability management and wholesale banking.
- Miriam joined GTBank as an executive Trainee in 1998 and rose through the ranks to the presently position she is occupying. She was formerly the Group Treasurer and Head of Wholesale Banking.
- Prior to her recent appointment, she served in the Board of GTBank (Gambia) as a non-executive director.
- She obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy from the prestigious University of Ibadan. She further proceeded to the University of Liverpool where she obtained an MBA in Finance and Accounting. Additionally, she enrolled for various Executive programmes at institutions such as Cranfield School of Management.
- She is the first female Managing Director in the history of GTBank, and the fifth woman to be appointed as M.D in any commercial bank in Nigeria. Other women that have attained this envious heights include; Yemisi Edun (FCMB), Nneka Onyeali-Ikpe (Fidelity), Oluwatomi Somefun (Unity Bank), Ireti Samuel-Ogbu (Citibank Nigeria Limited)
- In 2006, she led the team that secured the appointment of the Bank as a Primary Dealer/ Market Maker in Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) Bonds with the Debt Management Office (DMO).
- According to various sources, Miriam is slightly above 45 years of age.
- Naijabusiness.com.ng gathered that Miriam is currently separated from her husband, Olusanya Abiodun. The financial guru filed for a divorce from her estranged husband in an application titled ‘PETITION FOR DISSOLUTION FOR MARRIAGE,’ which can be obtained HERE.
- In her divorce application, Miriam filed to withdraw her ownership of an investment company registered in Georgina, USA with the name ‘KO &C Investments’
- Prior to joining GTBank, Miriam had a short stint with SmithKline Beecham Nigeria (now known as GlaxoSmithKline-GSK).