FEDERAL MINISTRY OF YOUTH AND SPORTS DEVELOPMENT
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR THE GREEN STIMULUS CAPACITY BUILDING PROGRAMME
The Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development is implementing a series of youth-focused capacity building programmes to improve human capital resources in Nigeria through training, empowerment, employment and infrastructure to cut across economically viable vocations like agriculture, power, and technology.
The Green Stimulus Initiative has been designed to:
- Train 150 Nigerian youths on smart agriculture to become agri-technicians across the country.
- Train 150 Nigerian youths on renewable energy to become solar technicians across the country.
The youth will undergo a 6-week training, Physical training are to be held at two different locations for Northern, and Southern States. Participants will be selected from all the 36 States of the Federation including the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
Successful trainees will be equipped with smart agriculture tools and mobile solar stations to become agri-technicians and solar technicians respectively, after the training
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION:
The following have been set as the basic pre-conditions for selection:
- Applicant must be a Nigerian citizen, male or female between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Must have completed at least Senior Secondary School level of education (SSCE) or its equivalent.
- Applicants must have, at least one valid means of identification (National ldentity Card, International Passport, Permanent Voters Card- PVC or Drivers License).
- Ability to communicate in Basic English Language.
- Beneficiary should possess the capacity to transfer knowledge and mentor peers within their communities.
How to Apply
(1). To apply for either the Renewable Energy or Smart Agriculture options, interested and qualified candidates should apply via:
(2). Application closes 2 weeks after the date of this publication.
3). Application is free and no registration fee is required.