In a bid to provide a stable and secure identity for Nigerians, the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) has officially unveiled the Web Service (MWS) Application, called the NIMC Mobile App, and the improved National Identification Number (NIN) Slip for public use.
The app and portal according to the Federal Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy provide a secure channel for all Nigerians and legal residents to easily verify and authenticate their identities on-the-go using smartphones. It also enables them to link the NIN to their phone numbers. The development of the App and other tools to support the National Identity Number (NIN) process aligns with the National Digital Economy Policy for a Digital Nigeria.
The App offers a built-in harmonization process that allows for its use across other government services including the NCC, Federal Inland Revenue Service, Federal Road Safety Commission, and National Health Insurance Scheme, to mention a few.
• Only you can decide what information you wish to share for verification.
• The App guarantee security, your data is encrypted at all times. You will always know who verified you, right within the app and you can lock it down with your biometrics
• The app can be used to verify employees
HOW IT WORKS
• Download the NIMC Mobile app on Google Play or Apple app store
• On access, you will be requested to input your NIN, after which the phone number linked to your NIN will be partially displayed
• You will receive an SMS containing the login credentials, e.g. “Your MWS Digital ID authentication credential. USER ID: AYLJXX-2379 OTP: 965860”
• Use the details to login – Setup your 6-digit login PIN