The Women’s Voice and Leadership (WVL) project is a five-year project funded by Global Affairs Canada. The project is aimed at tackling the barriers to gender equality and supporting the empowerment of women and girls through provision of technical and financial resources to local feminist/women’s rights organisation (LWROs) that are advancing the rights of women and girls and championing gender equality.
The WVL Nigeria Strategic Innovation Fund (SIF) is a small grant designed to support innovative ideas and initiatives addressing gender issues with focus on women and girls from feminists, women and girls’ rights activists, feminist organizations, women’s rights organizations or movements in Nigeria. The funding opportunity targets innovative ideas which can serve as a catalyst for new ways of doing things within the women’s rights movement in Nigeria. This call specifically targets innovative actions that address violence against women and girls, women economic justice and empowerment, women political participation and leadership including policy advocacy and influencing. It will also support other innovative actions that align with WVL Nigeria project goal which targets the achievement of gender equality and the enjoyment of rights by women and girls.
Up to 5 innovative ideas will be granted in this round with a grant ceiling of NGN1,000,000 each to be implemented within 6months to 1-year period.
If you are interested, kindly submit your innovation idea using the attached Concept Note template on or before 30th April 2020 to [email protected]. Do not use any other document except for the ExcelSheet for the budget. Note that the template is expandable but ensure you stay within 5-7 pages.
- Only women led women’s rights organisations and feminists will be considered for this application.
- Only 1 application per organization/individual will be considered.
- Only shortlisted organisations and/or feminists will be notified, due to volume of applications that may be received.
- The initial shortlist may not amount to being signed onto this project.
- ActionAid will not be responsible for any cost you may incur during the development of the Concept Note.
- AAN guidance on SHEA, Anticorruption, Terrorism and Conflict will apply in this process.
Deadline: 30th April 2020