Standard Chartered Bank, a renowned and reputable global financial institution, has opened its portal for the 2021 Women in Tech Incubator (WITI) programme, naijabusiness.com.ng can authoritatively confirm.
The Women in Tech Incubator program in Nigeria is designed to provide incubation support female-led to businesses that incorporate technology, especially those in their early to mid-stage level. If selected for the programme, successful female entrepreneurs would also be afforded the opportunity to develop their leadership and entrepreneurial skills.
Naijabusiness.com.ng learnt that females with either an existing business or business idea can both apply for the scheme. The requirements for both categories are succinctly captured below.
Eligibility criteria for business owners
- Must be women-led start up businesses that leverages technology needs of the country.
- Must be based in Nigeria and should be aligned with the needs of the country.
- The principal founder must be a Nigerian woman between the ages of 18 and 35
- Business must be sustainable and scalable, i.e., it must be properly aligned with the UN’s sustainable development goals.
- Should have been in operation for a minimum of 12 months
- Entrepreneur must be able to provide all company registration documents including Certificate of Incorporation, to verify the authenticity of the business.
- Should have evidence of pre-revenue traction (users).
For the second category of applicants, i.e., those with business ideas, the following conditions must be satisfied;
- The idea must be innovative and must leverage on web or mobile technology to solve a problem/issue.
- The idea must improve an existing process/solution or be completely new.
- Adequately researched problem with a clear picture of the target segment
- Full time commitment for 6 months spent building the solution and conduct market validation to understand potential users.
How do I apply? Interested applicants who meet the aforementioned criteria are strongly advised to apply by visiting the official website at: https://reg.smetoolkit.ng/login