Deadline: 31 March 2019
CALL FOR EXPERTS IN NIGERIA
Abt Associates is seeking long-term International Health Experts for a health systems strengthening programme in Nigeria, funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID). We are looking for a range of expertise with proven experience in the following technical areas in Nigeria at the institutional level:
• Health systems strengthening
• Health financing
• Public financial management
• Health governance
• Institutional and individual capacity building
• Advocacy and accountability
• Health information systems and data
• Private sector health
• Family planning
• Gender, equity and social inclusion
• Monitoring, evaluation, research and learning
Abt Associates is looking for experts with proven experience delivering health impacts in complex and challenging operational environments. Candidates will need to convey this impact through their applications and have clear examples to illustrate this impact. The individuals should also be value driven, in alignment with Abt Associates: being committed to excellence, mission-driven, global in their outlook, collaborative and holding themselves accountable through the work they do.
Qualifications and Skills:
Degree qualified in a related field, preferably Masters
Excellent written and spoken communication skills are required
Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
General Professional Experience:
• Experience working within the Nigerian health sector, with demonstrable impact
• Experience liaising with and supporting the Federal Ministry of Health, state ministries of health and/or Local Government Authorities in Borno, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Lagos and Yobe
• Experience working with the private sector, non-governmental organizations to strengthen health outcomes in Nigeria
• Experience with donor-funded programmes, specifically DFID, is preferred.
Please submit your CV and covering letter to [firstname.lastname@example.org] by 31 March 2019. Please specify the following reference in the subject of your e-mail: ‘DFID HIN (LAST NAME).’ In your email please tell us about your technical and subject matter expertise so we can align capabilities to further our mission – to improve the quality of life and economic well-being of people worldwide.
We are looking for candidate who ideally are Nigerian, have the right to reside, or do reside in Nigeria. The length of the programme is 8 years and will be due to start in November 2019.