ABUJA ELECTRICITY DISTRIBUTION PLC
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
GRID-TIE UNINTERRUPTED POWER SOLUTION
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC) is one of the 11 power distribution companies that was successfully privatized and handed over to new investors on 1st November, 2013. While Utility Limited (KANN) is the 60% equity holder in AEDC, the Federal Government of Nigeria holds 40% equity in AEDC. AEDC has a franchise for the distribution and sale of electricity across an area of 133, 000km2 in the Federal Capital Territory, Niger State, Kogi State and Nasarawa State.
AEDC is cognizant of the requirement to maintain power quality and adequacy in line with prevailing Nigeria regulations by NERC in their Customer Service Standards of Performance, together with Internationally accepted standards (IEC 60050: Generation, Transmission and Distribution of Electricity). It is for this reason that the AEDC has placed a priority plan to improve power supply and technical efficiency through investment in its network to reduce electrical losses and improve its reliability.
Consequently, AEDC is requesting interested firms to submit an expression of Interest for the design and implementation of a highly efficient Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) with Energy Storage capability that is scalable, including a three-phase power protection with flexible operating modes for AEDC customers. Interested firms must provide documentary evidence of their qualification, competence and relevant experience to deliver the solution timescale. Key dates for the EOI stage are as stated below:
|Stage||Activity Description||Date (If applicable, time)|
|EOI||Issuance of EOI||27 May 2019|
|Submission Deadline||10, June 2019: 2pm|
|Notification to Shortlisted/Unsuccessful EOI Applicants||20, June 2019|
Shortlisted applicants after the Expression of Interest phase will be invited to submit a detailed proposal.
Firms will be shortlisted based on the following criteria
(1) The Firm must provide proof of registration as a legal entity.
(2) Provide an introduction of the Company, this shall include but not be limited to the following
- Company Details
- Company ownership structure
- Organization Chart
- Board and senior management names
- Management staff with sufficient experience in Grid Tie Uninterrupted Power Solution
- Current tax certificate
(3) The Firm must provide all relevant statutory documents that qualifies them to execute services of this nature.
(4) Experience in development and deployment of Grid – Tie Uninterrupted Power Solution (Minimum of 10MW Load Capacity). This Experience must be within the last 10 years and accompanied with documentary evidence.
(5) Completion certificate for each project submitted.
(6) Provision of a preliminary financing solution for the designated project.
(7) Provision of Annual Turnover (AT) and two years audited financial statement
(8) Provide 3 years tax clearance certificate and VAT
(9) Copy of the Company HSE Policy
EOI SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
The EOI document marked with subject, closing date and time, should be addressed to:
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company
No. 1 Ziguinchor Street, Off IBB Way,
Zone 4, Wuse-Abuja,
The Expression of Interest must be delivered to 1st Floor, by Procurement Department at AEDC Headquarters at No. 1 Ziguinchor Street, Off IBB Way, Zone 4, Wuse- Abuja, or sent by courier to our street address as above.
Note: All enquiries should be sent via email to AEDCprocurement@abujaelectricity.com for any clarification or additional information with respect to this publication. The deadline (for additional clarifications only) is June 4 2019, and any requests for clarification submitted after the said date shall not be responded to. Note that all answers to questions will be posted on the AEDC website on 6 June, 2019.