African Development Bank Expression of Interest (EOI) For the Recruitment of a Consulting Firm to Co-Implement The “Archipelagos” – One (DIGITAL) Platform For Africa (ONE4A) Program
1. The African Development Bank hereby invites Consulting Firms of international repute
to indicate their interest in the following Assignment: Co-Implementing Partner to implement
specific aspects of the requisite technical and advisory support programs aiming to capacitate
growth-oriented Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) through various eligible activities
under the Archipelagos – ONE Platform for Africa Program (ONE4A). The ONE4A Program
is a joint initiative of the African Development Bank (“AfDB” or the “Bank”) and Cassa
depositi e prestiti (“CDP”) to accelerate the accessibility of domestic capital markets and
alternative financing for high growth SMEs in Africa. A consortium of consulting firms,
including technology players, may collaborate under the ONE4A Program and submit a joint
2. AfDB, in consultation with CDP, using funding to be provided by the European Commission, will be requiring the services of a qualified and experienced business and financial support services firm, or consortia of firms (the “Consulting Firm” or the “Firm”) to provide a fully-fledged and comprehensive service package aimed at assisting in designing, implementing and managing the ONE4A Program. The services to be provided under the Assignment are: (i) designing the general structure of the ONE4A Program, preparing feasibility/market scoping report of targeted markets as directed by AfDB in consultation with CDP; (ii) drafting targeted markets specific road-map ; (iii) designing and implementing the validated ONE4A platform in targeted markets including SMEs capacity building support program ; and (iv) operationalizing and monitoring the ONE4A program in targeted markets
including SMEs onboarding, capacitating, mentoring and financing related activities.
3. The Capital Markets Development Division of AfDB’s Financial Sector Development Department invites Consulting Firms to indicate their interest in providing the services described above. Interested eligible Consulting Firms or associations of Consulting Firms shall provide information on their qualifications and experience demonstrating their ability to provide the services (documentation, references for similar services, experience in comparable Assignments, availability of qualified staff, etc.).
4. The eligibility criteria, the establishment of a short list and the selection procedure shall be in conformity with the Bank’s Procurement Policy and Procedures for Recruitment of Corporate Consultants. Please, note that interest expressed by a Consulting Firm does not imply any obligation on the part of the Bank to include it in the shortlist.
5. The estimated duration of services is 12-month extendible for 12-month subject to satisfactory review and the estimated starting date is 16 September 2019.
6. Interested Consulting Firms may obtain further information at the address below during the Bank’s working hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm GMT.
7. Expressions of interest must be received at the address below no later than 24 June 2019 at 12:00pm GMT and specifically mentioning “EOI – ONE4A Co-Implementing Partner – [Name of Consulting Firm]”.For the attention of: Mr. Emmanuel DIARRA, Division Manager
Cc: Mrs. Akane ZOUKPO SANANKOUA; and Mr. Albin KAKOU
African Development Bank
Financial Sector Development Department (PIFD)
Capital Markets Development Division (PIFD.2)
CCIA Building, Avenue Jean Paul II, Abidjan Plateau
01 BP 1387 Abidjan 01
In addition, electronic copies must be sent to the following E-mails: firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org .