REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (REOI)
AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK – AfDB
POWER, ENERGY, CLIMATE CHANGE AND GREEN GROWTH COMPLEX
ENERGY FINANCIAL SOLUTIONS, POLICY AND REGULATION DEPARTMENT
INDIVIDUAL MEDIUM-TERM CONSULTANT
ABIDJAN – COTE D’IVOIRE
1. The African Development Bank (the AfDB or the “Bank”) hereby invites individual consultants to express their interest in the following assignment: Support for Nigeria Sustainable Energy Initiatives (the “Assignment”).
2. The consultant selected for the Assignment will be expected to work on all relevant workstreams associated with (i) the launch and implementation of the Nigeria Electrification Project (NEP); and the (ii) development, fundraising, and launch of the Nigeria Energy Access Fund (NEAF). The TOR of the Assignment is provided as Appendix I to this Request for Expressions of Interest (REOI).
3. Interested individuals consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services envisaged under the Assignment (documents referencing past relevant experience, etc.). Interested parties are requested to submit Expressions of Interest (EOI) comprising their curriculum vitae (CV) in the format contained in Appendix II, along with any additional and relevant supporting documentation.
4. The Sustainable Energy Fund for Africa (SEFA), a multi-donor special fund, hosted and managed by the Bank, has provided a grant to support the development and operationalization of NEAF. This Assignment will be part-financed by SEFA.
5. Eligibility criteria, establishment of the shortlist and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the “Rules and Procedures for the Use of Consultants”. Please note that interest expressed by an individual does not imply any obligation on the part of the Bank to include the individual in the shortlist.
6. The expected duration of the Assignment is 6 months (with possibility for extension). The Commencement Date is anticipated as 13 January 2020.
7. Interested individuals may obtain further information at the email addresses below during office hours: 09:00 – 17:00 GMT. For the EOI to be considered, the consultant needs to be registered in the AfDB DACON Consultant Database by following the link: https://www.afdb.org/fr/projectsand-operations/procurement/consultancy-services-e-consultant/
8. Expressions of interest must be received in electronic form to the email addresses below no later than 13 December 2019 at 23:59 GMT and specifically mentioning: “Expression of Interest – Support for Nigeria Sustainable Energy Initiatives”
Energy Financial Solutions, Policy & Regulation Department
Power, Energy, Climate Change and Green Growth Complex
African Development Bank
CCIA – Avenue Jean-Paul II, Plateau 01, BP 1387
Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Attn: Rhoda MSHANA
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org