AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK GROUP
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
FOR INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANCY SERVICES IN NIGERIA
TO ASSIST THE BANK IN PREPARING AND APPRAISING THE ABUJA FEDERAL CAPITAL TERRITORY (FCT) URBAN INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM FOR BANK BOARD APPROVAL.
The African Development Bank (AfDB) is in the process of recruiting a Consultant to assist the bank in preparing and appraising the Abuja federal capital territory (FCT) urban infrastructure development program Nigeria.
The services included under this assignment are as follows:
- Review and comments on technical aspects of the feasibility and design report for suitability, completeness and technical soundness and make concrete recommendations for improvement and finalization of the reports.
- Assess the rationale of technical options retained in the feasibility studies, the logic of the project for attaining the goals and objectives, and other options and approaches explored.
- Review and validate the feasibility study and design report of the project including detailed costing.
- Contribute to drafting the Project Concept Note for Management approval and Appraisal report for Board Approval
- Provide technical support to the Executing Agency, the Federal Capital Territory Administration in particular the Satellite Towns Development Agency (EAs) in implementation readiness.
Shortlisted candidates will be provided with the Terms of Reference that contains more detailed information about project objectives, scope of work, deliverables and other related issues.
The experience required of the Consultant is as detailed below:
- Minimum education to Masters/MBA level in Urban Planning/Civil/Environmental Engineering and other relevant disciplines with work experience of not less than fifteen (15) years in the field of urban infrastructure upgrading and specific experience on project design and planning.
- Strong experience and understanding of social and economic infrastructure/amenities provision and requirements in an urban context
- Strong experience in urban infrastructure and institutional development projects focused on promoting inclusive economic and employment growth in a developing country context. 4. Having excellent communication skills both oral and report writing ability in English.
Assumption of duties and Duration of Contract
The successful applicant may be expected to assume duties in December 15, 2019 or earlier. The duration of the contract is six (6) months.
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Bank’s “Rules and Procedures for the use of Consultants May 2008 edition, revised July 2012” which is available on the Bank’s website at http://www.afdb.org.
Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below not later than Friday, December 05th, 2019 at 5.30 p.m. and indicate “Individual Consultant Services”.
African Development Bank – Nigeria Country Department
John SIFUMA, Principal Water & Sanitation Engineer
1521 Cadastral Zone A0, Off Memorial Close, Beside Silverbird Galleria
Central Business District Abuja, Nigeria.
Tel: +234 (9) 462 1030/76 Ext. 7786
E-mail: email@example.com /firstname.lastname@example.org