Bauchi State Government Request for Expression of Interest for Consultancy Services for Network Mapping and Hydraulic Modeling of Water Supply System
BAUCHI STATE – THIRD NATIONAL URBAN WATER SECTOR REFORM PROJECT (NUWSRP3)
(WORLD BANK ASSISTED)
CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR NETWORK MAPPING AND HYDRAULIC MODELING OF WATER SUPPLY SYSTEM OF BAUCHI METROPOLIS
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (REOI)
Name of Project: Third National Urban Water Sector Reform Project (NUWSRP3) – Bauchi State
Credit No: CR 5416 – NG
Assignment Title: Consultancy Services for Network Mapping and Hydraulic Modeling of Water Supply System of Bauchi Metropolis
Reference No: NG-BAUCHI NUWSRP III-46963-CS-LCS
Advertisement Date: 18th March, 2019
Submission Deadline: 1st April, 2019.
The Federal Government of Nigeria has received financing from the International Development Association (IDA) toward the cost of the Third National Urban Water Sector Reform Project (NUWSRP3), the project will provide financing to rehabilitate and build infrastructure needed to increase access to water supply services to populations in selected cities and urban centers in Bauchi, Ekiti, and Rivers States, including the poor, and to implement key sector reforms to ensure the sustainability of delivered services. Bauchi State Government is one of the beneficiaries of the IDA Credit facility. The Project Development Objectives are; a) to increase access to improved water supply service in selected States in Nigeria, b) improve the financial viability of existing water utilities in those States and c) to increase the investment planning capacity of participating States.
Bauchi State Government intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services (“the Services”) for the Network Mapping and Hydraulic Modeling of Water Supply System of Bauchi Metropolis. Activities entailed in this consultancy include:
- Review inventory of the networks and ground features from available BSWB records and maps of the towns.
- Establish the network and appurtenances (ground-truthing) and come up with an updated network of the metropolis (GIS mapping).
- Determine distances and elevations of key nodal points in the network as well as location and elevation of key system components and to also determine roughness factors and losses associated with each.
- Determine the demand for supply service for each area or sub-areas of the network and compare with what is currently available.
- Identify and propose suitable software(s) for the modeling and analysis of the networks and deployment and installation of same. The software to be deployed should meet the requirement/characteristics including but not limited to effectively carry out hydraulic modeling for a minimum of 10,000 pipes and 10,000 nodes, handle all network control elements like check valves, shutoff valves, pressure release valves, pressure sustaining valves, different shapes of storage tanks (circular, rectangular,….), elevated and ground reservoirs; elements like fixed and variable speed pumps, ability to calculate energy consumption, color coding of the network based on available pressures and flow velocity. The software should be able to carry out water quality modeling for some chemicals like Chlorine residual, Aluminum residual, Sulphate residual, etc. The software should be flexible enough to interface with some GIS/CAD softwares. As well as deployment of appropriate hardware (one desktop computer), among others.
The Bauchi State – Third National Urban Water Sector Reform Project (NUWSRP3) now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are as follows:
- The Consultant shall be a reputable Consulting Firm with a minimum of 10 years of professional experience with a proven track record in Network Mapping and Hydraulic Modeling and having Sector-specific experience on similar assignments
- The Firm shall have the experience of at least 2 successfully completed Hydraulic Modeling for water supply utility within the last five years
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants (under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants) by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment:
“Bank Policy requires that Consultants provide professional, objective, and important advice and at all times hold the Client’s interests paramount, without any consideration for future work, and that in providing advice they avoid conflicts with other assignments and their own corporate interests”.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Least Cost Selection (LCS) method and in accordance with the procedures set out in Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits by World Bank Borrowers. January, 2011.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours (0900 to 1600 hours Mondays – Fridays).
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by email) on or before Close of Business (COB) 1st April, 2019.
Bauchi State – Third National Urban Water Sector Reform Project ((NUWSRP3)
Attn: Engr. Aminu Aliyu Gital
Room 2, Engineering Block,
Bauchi State Water Board Office Complex,
No.15, Gombe Road,
Bauchi State, Nigeria
Tel: +234 80 3284 9137