COCOA RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF NIGERIA – CRIN
KM14 IBADAN IJEBU-ODE ROAD
INVITATION FOR PRE-QUALIFICATION AND TENDER FOR 2019 CAPITAL PROJECTS
Cocoa Research Institute of Nigeria (CRIN) located at Km 14. Ibadan/Ijebu-Ode Road, Idi-Ayunre Ibadan is one of the parastatals in the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development in pursuance of implementation of its 2019 Capital budget, invitations for pre-qualification are hereby opened to interested qualified applicants for the execution of the Institute’s Capital Projects proposed for execution in 2019.
B. SCOPE OF WORK
The work comprises Procurement, Engineering and Research work as further described below:
|LOT 1||Continuation of Construction of Ultra-Modern 1,000 Seater Auditoriums CRIN Headquarter Ibadan (5th Phase).|
|LOT 2||Continuation of Rehabilitation of Intra-Institute Road from the main gate to the Nursery At CRIN Headquarters, Ibadan 6th Phase)|
|LOT 3||Continuation of Construction of Central Laboratory at the CRIN Headquarters, Ibadan (5th Phase).|
|LOT 4a||Procurement and installation of Solar Power (SPN Department And Engineering Division) at CRIN Headquarters, Ibadan|
|LOT 4b||Procurement and installation of Solar Power (Plant breeding Section and Plantation Estate Management Section) at CRIN Headquarters, Ibadan|
|LOT 4c||Procurement and installation of Solar Power (Entomology Section) at CRIN Headquarters Ibadan|
|LOT 4d||Procurement and installation of Solar Power (Audit Division and Upgrading of Economics and Extension Department) at CRIN Headquarters, Ibadan|
|LOT 5a||Rehabilitation of buildings at CRIN Headquarters, Ibadan (Rest House and Library Buildings)|
|LOT 5b||Rehabilitation of buildings at CRIN Owens Substation. Ondo State|
|LOT 5c||Rehabilitation of buildings at CRIN Uhomora Substation, Edo State|
|LOT 5d||Rehabilitation of buildings at CRIN Ochaja Substations, Kogi State|
|LOT 5e||Rehabilitation of buildings at CRIN Ibeku Substations. Abia State|
|LOT 5f||Rehabilitation of buildings at CRIN Mambilla Substations, Taraba State|
|LOT 5g||Rehabilitation of buildings at CRIN Ajassor Substations, Cross River State|
|LOT 6||Purchase of Laserjet Printer GIS Equipment’s and Laptop|
|LOT 7||Procurement of Utilities Vehicle (18 sealer passengers Bus)|
|LOT 8||Outsourcing al securities and cleaners at CRIN Headquarters, Ibadan|
|LOT 9||Construction and Reticulation of Borehole at Nursery CRIN Headquarters, Ibadan.|
|LOT 10||Construction and Reticulation of Borehole at CRIN Health Centre, Headquarters, Ibadan|
|LOT 11||Upgrading of Somatic Embryo –Genesis Laboratory Equipments at CRIN Headquarters. Ibadan|
|LOT 12||Construction and Rehabilitation of collapsed Screen Houses, Headquarters, Ibadan|
|LOT 13||Procurement of laboratory consumable, glass wares and farm tools|
|LOT 14||Identification and valuation of Institutes Assets in Headquarters and Six Substations|
|LOT 15||Purchase of Deskjet printers|
|LOT 16||Procurement of furnitures|
|LOT 17||Purchase of equipment for incubation platform|
|LOT 18A||Provision of cottage cashew processing plant in Kogi State|
|LOT 18B||Provision of cottage cashew processing plant in Ekiti State.|
|LOT 19||Capacity building on cocoa processing and production to farmers|
C. PRE-QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Interested and competent Contractors wishing to carry out any of the jobs are required to submit the following documents which will be subjected to verification by CRIN.
1. Evidence of registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)
2. Evidence of Company Income Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years valid till 31st December 2019:(ie 2016,2017&2018
3. Bank reference and evidence of financial capability.
4. Company Audited Account for the last 3 years 2016,2017&2018
5. Company profile with curriculum vitae of key officers, including photocopies of relevant professional/technical qualifications
6. List of verifiable equipment land and tools indicating ownership or lease agreement.
7. Verifiable evidence of successful completion of similar works with copies of letters of award and certificates of successful completion and engagement
8. Evidence of current PENSION COMPLIANCE CERTIFICATE valid till 31 December, 2019.
9. A sworn affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development Bureau of Public Procurement or Cocoa Research Institute of Nigeria, is a former or present Director, Shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
10. Certificate of compliance with the amended Industrial Training Fund Act 2011 to be valid up to 31 Dec 2019.
11. Verifiable Certificate of Registration with the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) National Database Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers. (IRR valid till 01-01-2020)
12. Evidence of Current Compliance with National Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) valid till 31″ Dec. 2019
N.B: The above listed requirements shall form the bids evaluation criteria and non-compliance with any of the stated conditions shall result in automatic disqualification of the bidder
D. SUBMISSION OF DOCUMENTS
Completed tender documents should be in three copies (Marked ‘One Original and two Copies’) each for Technical and Financial Bids, packaged in two separate wax sealed envelopes clearly marked at the top right comer of each envelope stating the title of the project ie. TECHNICAL BIDS FOR LOT 1 AND FINANCIAL BID FOR LOT 1 and at the reverse side, the name of the Company should be boldly written Both envelopes shall then be put in a large envelope clearly marked at the top right corner stating the title of the project. To be addressed and submitted to:
The Executive Director
Cocoa Research Institute of Nigeria
KM 14, Ibadan/Ijebu-Ode Road
Idi – Ayunre
Ibadan, Oyo State
E. COLLECTION OF DOCUMENTS
A complete set of Bidding Documents shall be collected by interested bidders from the address in paragraph ‘D’ above on the submission of written application accompanied by a non-refundable tender fee of fifteen thousand naira only (N15,000.00)
F. BID COLLECTION
Bid collection starts on 26 August, 2019 the bid document(s) will be available for collection from the office of the Procurement Officer, CRIN Headquarters, Ibadan.
G. BID CLOSING/OPENING
Bid submission closes on 28 October, 2019 and submitted bids will be opened immediately at the address below in the presence of Bidders and/or their representatives and interested members of the public by 12pm prompt at Cocoa Research Institute of Nigeria, Conference Room, KM 14 Ibadan/ljebu-Ode Road, Idi Ayunre Ibadan, Oyo State.
H. Bidders should please note that submitted documents shall first be subjected to Pre-qualification based on the advertised criteria C (i-xii) above and only pre-qualified bidders shall be considered for financial bids.
I. Nothing in this advertisement shall be construed as a commitment on the part of CRIN to award any or all the above-listed projects to a bidder
J. GENERAL INFORMATION
a. Bid must be in English Language and signed by an official authorized by the bidder.
The bid is being extended by three (3) weeks.
b. Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned un-opened.
c. No bidder shall be awarded more than two (2) lots where such bidder wins more than two.
Note: – This maximum ceiling is important in order not to overstretch bidder’s capacity and cause delay in project delivery
COCOA RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF NIGERIA