DELTA STATE GOVERNMENT
MINISTRY OF ECONOMIC PLANNING
INVITATION FOR TENDERS(IFT)
STATE EMPLOYMENT AND EXPENDITURE FOR RESULTS (SEEFOR) PROJECT
CREDIT NUMBER: 5022UNI
PROCUREMENT OF SMALL WORKS UNDER THE PUBLIC WORKS COMPONENT OF THE SEEFOR PROJECT
1. The Federal Government of Nigeria has received credit from the International Development Association (IDA) and grants from the European Union (EU) towards the cost of implementing the State Employment Expenditure for Results (SEEFOR) Project for four state– Bayelsa, Delta, Edo and Rivers to enhance opportunities for employment and access to socio-economic services, while improving the public expenditure management systems in the participating states. It is intended that part of the proceeds of this credit will be applied to eligible payments under the Contract for the Procurement of Small Public Works Component of the SEEFOR Project –DT/SEEFOR/CW/RFB/18/1
2. The Delta State Employment and Expenditure for Results (SEEFOR) Project now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the Procurement of Small Public Works Component of the SEEFOR Project listed below.
LOT NOS- LOCATION – QTY -DELIVERY – PERIOD
CONTRACT 1 – Spot Improvement at Lower Okotomi Road, Okpanam and Sweeping of Okpanam Road (From Ekumeku Roundabout to Legislative Quarters) -1 -12 Months
CONTRACT 2 – Desilting of Drains along Summit Road and Sweeping of Summit Road (From Benin – AsabaExpressway to Ekumeku Flyover) Inclusive of Overhead Bridge) Asaba.- 1 -12Months
CONTRACT 3 – Desilting of Drains and Sweeping of Ibusa Road, Asaba (From Benin – Asaba Expressway to Nnebisi Road, Asaba). – 1 -12 Months
CONTRACT 4 – Construction of Dugbele Street / 2nd Owessei Street Link Road, Kwale (Interlocking Tiles) -1 -12 Months
CONTRACT 5 – Construction of Isibor Street (Section 1), Umunede – 1 -12 Months
CONTRACT 6 – Construction of Isibor Street (Section 2), Umunede -1 -12 Months
CONTRACT 7 – Interlocking of Palace Avenue and Vegetation Control at Mbiri -1 -12Months
CONTRACT 8 – Construction of James Okwuokenye Road and Sweeping of Owa – Ekei Dual Carriage Road, Owa. -1 -12Months
CONTRACT 9 – Construction of Ajuebor Street, Boji-Boji Owa and Sweeping of Old Lagos – Asaba Road (From Okanigbe Street Junction to Benin – Asaba Expressway by Emuhu Junction, Owa -1 -12 Months
CONTRACT 10 – Construction ofIwerebor Street off Okobi Street, Boji-Boji Owa and Sweeping of Old Lagos – Asaba Road (From Agbor-Obi Junction to Okanigbe StreetJunction Owa) -1 -12 Months
CONTRACT 11 – Construction of Concrete Walkway at Torugbene.- 1 -12 Months
CONTACT 12 – Interlocking of Joseph Timiyan Close and Sweeping of Airport Road (From Effurun – Sapele & Road to Ogunu Bridge) -1 -12 Months
CONTRACT 13 – Desilting of Drains and Sweeping of Refinery Road, Effurun. -1 -12 Months
3. Bidding will be conducted through the Request For Bid (RFB) procedure specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits, and is open to all bidders from Eligible Source Countries as define Bank’s in the Guidelines.
4. Bidders are not allowed to bid for more than two (2) Contracts.
5. Interested eligible s may obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents at the Office of the Project Coordinator, Delta State Employment and Expenditure for Results (SEEFOR) Project on working days from 10.00 hrs to 17.00 hrs (Local Time).
5.Eligibility and Qualifications requirements include:
I. Articles of Incorporation or Evidence of Registration of the firm or company
II. Latest Income Tax Clearance Certificate
III. Latest VAT Registration Certificate
IV. Tax Identification Number (TIN)
b) Financial Capability:
I. The audited accounts for the last three years 2016, 2017 and 2018 shall be submitted to demonstrate the current soundness of the bidders financial position.
II. The required average annual turnover over the last three (3) years as related to individual Lots are provided in the Bidding document
III. The minimum amount of liquid assets and or credit facilities net of other contractual commitments of the Bidders as related to individual Lots are provided in the Bidding document
c) Experience and Technical Capacity:
i. Experience as a prime contractor or subcontractor in construction works for at least five (5) years.
ii. The required number of similar contracts completed shall be two (2)over a period of five (5) years.
Additional details are provided in the Bidding Documents.
6. A complete set of Bidding Documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a Written Application to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of N10,000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira) only. The method of payment will be in Bank Draft in favour of Delta State Employment and Expenditure for Results (SEEF OR) Project. Bidding Documents will be available from 16th May, 2019.
7. A Pre-bid Meeting will be held on 30th May, 2019 at10.00 hrs at the Association of Senior Civil Servants Hall at the address given below to clarify issues and to answer questions on any matter that may be raised at that stage as stated in Clause 5.1 of ‘Instructions to Bidders’ of the bidding document.
8. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 12:00pm on 13th June, 2019. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives, who choose to attend in person at the address below at 12:30pm on 13th June, 2019.
9. The address referred to above is:
Delta State Employment and Expenditure for Results (SEEFOR) Project,
10 Maryam Babangida Way (2nd Floor),
Asaba, Delta State.
Attn: Project Coordinator, Sir. Frank O. Apokwu, FNIM
Tel: +234-8036696303, 8023979191