SELECTION OF A CONSULTANT (FIRM) TO CONDUCT THE ECOWAS COMMUNITY INSTITUTIONS AND SPECIALIZED AGENCIES STAFF SKILLS AUDIT
DATE: 03 MAY 2019 – 03 JUN 2019
INSTITUTION: ECOWAS COMMISSION
PERIOD OF ADVERTISEMENT: 03 MAY 2019 – TO: 03 JUNE 2019
CLIENT: ECOWAS COMMISSION
SOURCE OF FUNDING: ECOWAS BUDGET
TYPE: EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
REOI_Staff Audit Skills-April 2019-VERSION SITE ECOWAS PROCUREMENT
1. The ECOWAS Commission intends to use its resources to finance a service contract with a consulting firm (could be a single firm, a consortium or partnership thereof) that will be responsible for conducting Staff Skills Audit for ECOWAS Community Institutions and Specialized Agencies.
2. The main objective of the consultancy is to serve as a guide that stipulates standardized skills mix, related knowledge and attributes to produce a job/task to set generally accepted standards of performance and help the Community Institutions and Specialised Agencies to operate effectively. It will serve as basis for decision making in a number of areas including but not limited to: (a). Accounting for the professional knowledge and technical skills of employees while verifying fit to current positions; (b). Deliberate upgrading of employees’ professional knowledge, technical skills along different stages of their career; (c). Identify gaps between present skill and future skills set required; and (d). Determine the right-fit for positions in the organisational structure and appropriate job levels.
3. The overall duration of the assignment is estimated at four (4) months, which can be extended if necessary, based on the needs of the ECOWAS Commission as well as the contracted firm’s satisfactory performance.
4. The ECOWAS Commission invites Consulting Firms specialized in Staff Skills Audit to submit their candidacy for the services described above. Interested, eligible and qualified consulting firms must provide full information on their qualifications and experience, demonstrating that they are qualified and experienced in providing similar services. The criteria for shortlisting are as follows:
a) General Experience of the firm (Auditing and Human Resources);
b) Specific and successful experience in conducting capacity building needs assessment with implementable solutions; competency framework and staff skills audit for Regional or International Organizations conducted within the past five (5) to ten (10) years;
c) Availability of Relevant Staff to be assigned to the ECOWAS project, showing full list of staff along with their respective CVs providing details on competencies (all applicable Human Resources knowledge, skills and abilities) as well as relevant experience in conducting staff skills audit, capacity building needs assessment with implementable solutions; competency framework and; and
d) Demonstrate capacity to communicate; analyse; evaluate and produce reports in the Three (3) ECOWAS Official Languages (English; French and Portuguese).
NB: In addressing the above listed criteria, consulting firms must provide tangible evidence and detailed references for all claims made in terms of experience and capabilities, similar assignments, etc. Each reference provided should be summarized on a project sheet, and will be considered and accepted only if the candidate attaches supporting documents indicating the contact information of the contracting authorities so as to facilitate verification of the information provided, covering excerpts of contract (inner cover page; page with the signatures and the Terms of Reference) along with attestation(s) of good performance of each contract presented.
5. Interested Consulting firms may apply as a consortium or partnership to ensure and/or boost their consolidated capacities to execute the assignment.
6. The eligibility criteria, the preparation of shortlist, and the selection procedure shall comply with the ECOWAS Rules and Procedures for the Use of Consultants” (ECOWAS Procurement Code), available on its website: http://www.ecowas.int The selection procedure will be based on Consultant (Firm) Qualification, and the firm ranked first (which present the best profiles with all claims dully substantiated) will be requested to submit its Technical & Financial Proposals. Also, firms that are part of an international network are to submit only one expression of interest as a network.
7. The attention of interested Consulting firms is particularly drawn to Article 118 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code (“Infringements by Candidates, Bidders and Awardees”), providing information on corrupt or fraudulent practices in competing for or executing a contract. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment as per “Article 119 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code.
8. Interested consulting firms can obtain further information at the e-mail addresses mentioned below, during working days and hours of the ECOWAS Commission from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 pm (Local Time – Nigeria): email@example.com with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Expressions of Interest (EOIs) must be delivered in sealed envelopes (1 signed Original and 3 Copies) in English, French or Portuguese and clearly marked “Selection of a Consultant (Firm) to conduct the ECOWAS Community Institutions and specialized Agencies Staff Skills Audit”. “Do not open except in presence of the Opening Committee.” EOIs must be sent to the address below by 3rd June 2019 at 11.00 a.m. (GMT+1), Nigerian Time:
For delivery in person or by registered mail to:
Directorate of General Administration,
First (1st) Floor of the ECOWAS Commission Headquarters,
Plot 101, Yakubu Gowon Crescent,
Asokoro District, Abuja, NIGERIA.
Please note that in order to ensure a level playing field, electronic submissions are not accepted and will therefore not be considered.
10. The working languages shall be English, French and Portuguese.
11. This request for EOI can also be viewed on the following website: http://www.ecowas.int/doing-business-in-ecowas/ecowas-procurement/
Commissioner General Administration & Conference