The United States of America Embassy in Nigeria will conduct an auction sale of used furniture, Appliances and vehicles etc., as follows:
Venue: Plot 1129, Durumi District, Abuja (Besides the American International School).
Date of sales will be: April 17, 2019
Property removal date: April 18, 2019
Inspection & Viewing date: April 15, and 16, 2019.
Time: From 9:00a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
General Payment Terms
Full payment shall be made immediately after winning the bid or the item will be re-bid.
Payments can be made in any of the following ways:
- Debit card from UBA or any of the banks on Inter Switch Network.
(1) UBA will provide staff and resources to facilitate speedy payment. Payments made in cash attract processing fee of N200 flat. Payments with debit cards attract charge of 0.75% of cost of item bid upon.
(2) All items are sold is” with no declaration made of serviceability. There will be “no returns” and no refunds” made.
(3) A40% down payment will be made on capitalized/high value items like generators and vehicles. The 60% balance payment must be made within 3 working days after winning the bid or the winner would forfeit the initial 40% deposit.
(4) Nigerian Customs Authority will collect custom duty for every lot won. Buyer shall bear hill responsibility for payment of custom duty. No item shall be released to the buyer without proof of custom duty payment.
(5) Inspection and viewing will be allowed on April 15 and 16, 2019 from 900am – 3:00pm each day.
(6) Items purchased are expected to be removed from the Embassy compound after all payments are concluded – Property removal date: April 18, 2019 from 900am – 3:00pm.
Note Procedure for payment:
Bank – Embassy Officials – Custom – Final Signature