ENUGU STATE WATER CORPORATION
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
ENGINEERING SERVICES (MASTER PLANNING, FEASIBILITY STUDIES, DETAILED ENGINEERING DESIGN AND WORKS SUPERVISION)
Enugu State Government has received a financing from the French Development Agency (AFD) to support the 3rdNational Urban Water Sector Reform Project (NUWSRP 3). The project aims to provide technical and investment assistance to Enugu State Government in an effort to reform the urban water sector, provide basic water services in the state capital and achieve financial viability for its water utilities.
The overall objectives of the project are to improve access to drinking water in selected areas of Enugu City. The infrastructure works envisaged shall include:
- Upgrading and improvement of water production facilities, including rehabilitation works for the Ajali and Oji River treatment plants and improvement of energy supply;
- Upgrading and improvement of transmission system including procurement and installation of bulk meters;
- Upgrading and densification of distribution network, including house connections with meters and provision of Water Kiosks;
- Construction and equipment of a maintenance center.
The Implementing Agency and contracting authority, on behalf of the Enugu State Government, is the Enugu State Water Corporation (ENSWC).
Enugu State Government intends to apply part of the proceeds for the following engineering services:
- Master Planning;
- Feasibility Studies;
- Detailed Engineering Design;
- Preparation of Engineer’s estimates;
- Preparation of bid documents;
- Assistance in the tendering and procurement process;
- Works Supervision.
The indicative implementation period shall be four (4) years.
Enugu State Water Corporation now invites Consulting firms to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested applicants must provide the following information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services.
- Evidence showing the field of specialty of the firm (“Consultants profile”/brochures).
- Evidence showing that the firm is a legal entity (certificate of registration).
- Evidence of registration with relevant authorities and professional bodies.
- Evidence showing the technical and managerial capacities of the firm in the field of assignment.
- Description of similar assignments. Determination of the similarity of the experiences will be based on:
- The contracts size;
- The nature of the Services: “feasibility studies”, “detailed technical studies”, “work supervision”,
- The technical area and expertise: application of global geographic information system (QGIS) in the execution of the services, Detailed engineering design and supervision of WTP rehabilitation.
- Experience of working in similar geographical regions.
The firm/joint venture shall present maximum of 15 completed or ongoing relevant similar assignments performed during the last 10 years only. There shall be at least 3 assignments for which the value of the consultancy services, performed by the firm or a member of the JV, must be more than 2.5 million US dollars. For each similar assignment presented, the consultant shall provide a letter from the Client with the name and contract address of the client (office & e-mail address, and telephone number), date(s) of execution, name(s) of lead and associate firms, contract amount and financing sources.
The Client will also take into account for the evaluation of the applications the following items:
- Skills and availability of in-house technical back-up experts provided to the on-site experts;
- Quality assurance procedures and certifications of the Applicant: ISO 9001 or equivalent.
Applicants may associate to enhance their qualifications. If the Applicant is a JV, the Expression of Interest (EOI) shall include a copy of the JV Agreement entered into by all members. Alternatively, a letter of intent to execute a JV Agreement in the event of a successful proposal shall be signed by all members and submitted with the EOI, together with a copy of the proposed Agreement.In the absence of this document, the other members will be considered as Sub-consultants. Experiences and qualifications of Sub-consultants are not taken into account in the evaluation of the applications.
The Applicant shall submit only one application, either in its own name or as a member of a Joint Venture (JV). If an Applicant (including any JV member) submits or participates in more than one application, those applications shall be all rejected. However, the same Sub-consultant may participate in several applications.
One (1) original and one (1) soft copy of Expression of Interest (EOI) must be delivered no later than 29th October, 2019 to the address below:
The Managing Director
Attn: Procurement Engineer (SPIU)
Enugu State Water Corporation
Headquarters Building [SPIU]
No.3 Constitution Road, GRA, Enugu, Enugu State, Nigeria.
Tel: +2348033265195, +2348037112076
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address above during office hours [9.00am – 4.00pm, Mondays-Fridays]
Eligibility criteria to AFD’s financing are specified in sub-clause 1.3 of the “Procurement Guidelines for AFD-Financed Contracts in Foreign Countries”, available online on AFD’s website www.afd.fr.
Among the submitted applications, the Client will shortlist a maximum of 6 Consultants, to whom the Request for Proposals to carry out the Services shall be sent. The Client is not bound to shortlist any Applicant. Note: Please, contact Enugu State Water Corporation for a Statement of Integrity, Eligibility and Social and Environmental Responsibility. You can find the document on AFD website (https://www.afd.fr/en/responding-bid-invitation). A signed true copy of the document must be attached to the application. Annex 1 – Statement of Integrity